MSE News: Anger at Lloyds PPI compensation delays

Options

Comments

• Shany2
    Shany2 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    I posted last week re the Lloyds PPI Backlog still no money calcs letter dated to 13th October serial emailling A Barry CEO and Ian Hallet on a daily basis still no replies. All my loans that are being applied for are not running and were paid off. I note from other comments that some are still running so there seems no difference in how they are paying out in there case not.

It it quite disgusting how they are treating us as customers, any other ideas out there or anybody else to email.?:mad:I guess we are coming up to the time when the new excuses will be bank holidays and that will further the painful delays for everybody
  • daisy1972
    Options
    Hi all

Can anyone advise me, I have been reading about loans being adjusted, the loans that I am claiming ppi on have already been cleared a few year ago. I do have one loan with them tho with no ppi on it, they will not adjust this will they ? Hope not as nothing to do with my ppi

Also, I am told I am on a pending payment spreadsheet, anyone else on this, and had a payment ?

I too am being given the run around and my claim has been given priority for weeks on end, priority it seems is slang for please get on the phone we will not help you, we will give you incorrect information instead.

For a bank that likes to say yes, lol, very steptoe & son managed a present. Should be the bank that does not know its a** from its elbow...

Any info would be sooo helpful.

Offer letter dated 13th October, letter that was recalculating interest never arrived, oh the shock....

Daisy xxx
  • daisy1972
    Options
    Reading all your posts, sat here fuming for you

Hugs healing and hopefully payment cheques for all

Daisy

xx:j
  • Former_MSE_Guy
    Options
    Hi all,
    Please see an updated news story we've written, mainly thanks to the comments on the forum.
  • Esoog
    Esoog Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Still waiting :( Being told by lloyds daily not to call and "they can't do/tell us anything". And we don't have a loan with PPI still attached, lies lies and more lies.

This certainly is a journey, a !!!! one! Luckily it has a good ending; leaving lloyds for good.
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just paid off my lloyds overdraft to clear the debt I have with them. I have been calling twice a week since the beginning of September to fight to get my refund paid to me.
    Calculations letter was sent to me on the 8th August.
    Recalculations letter after writing to my MP was sent on the 15th November with interest calculated up until the same date.... when other people had their calculated until somewhere in December... they then lied to my MP telling him I'd been paid when all that had happened was I was moved from one spreadsheet to another.
    Finally got through to a really helpful advisor on Monday who escalated my claim (which should have been done weeks ago) and I've been paid today.
    The whole situation disgusts me and I will be putting in a complaint to claim the extra 16 days interest, even if it is pennies.
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • The_Marksman
    The_Marksman Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    Just paid off my lloyds overdraft to clear the debt I have with them. I have been calling twice a week since the beginning of September to fight to get my refund paid to me.
    Calculations letter was sent to me on the 8th August.
    Recalculations letter after writing to my MP was sent on the 15th November with interest calculated up until the same date.... when other people had their calculated until somewhere in December... they then lied to my MP telling him I'd been paid when all that had happened was I was moved from one spreadsheet to another.
    Finally got through to a really helpful advisor on Monday who escalated my claim (which should have been done weeks ago) and I've been paid today.
    The whole situation disgusts me and I will be putting in a complaint to claim the extra 16 days interest, even if it is pennies.

you go girl :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:;)
    :p:D:p Perfer et obdurai dolor hic tibi proderit olim :p:D:p
  • The_Marksman
    The_Marksman Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    Options
    I havent had a loan with Lloyds since 2001 so no current loan! :p

so i guess, all good things must come to those who wait ;)

talking of waits, mine is:

104 Days! :mad:

or

8,985,600 seconds, 149,760 minutes, 2496 hours,14 weeks (rounded down) not counting honest! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::eek:
    :p:D:p Perfer et obdurai dolor hic tibi proderit olim :p:D:p
  • xvashtix
    Options
    First time poster so be gentle ;)

Secondly, well done to all those who've already received they're payments but sadly, I'm yet another disgruntled LloydsTSB customer still waiting for payment of refund.

May 6th - first made claim for PPI refund on 5 loans - initially told would be dealt with within 8 weeks.
    June 27th (letter dated 24th) - letter received saying would now be 16 weeks to deal
    August 26th (letter dated 22nd) - offer letter - no ££ figure
    September 23rd (letter dated 16th) - letter with calculation of refund of £8614.65 (with interest up to 13th October) Phoned and was advised payment within 21 days.
    October 10th - phoned and told would be 8 weeks for payment
    October 24th - phoned and told would be another 4 weeks
    November 16th - phoned and told would receive another re-calculation letter within 2 weeks with additional payment up to end of November and payment within those 2 weeks
    November 22nd (letter dated 19th) - letter received and additional 4 weeks interest (so to mid November, not end of November) so now £8667.52 and payment within 21 days
    December 2nd - phoned and was told they would "endeavour" to get the payment to me by 10th December (the 21 day deadline) but could not guarantee (oh and now apparently it will be by BACs - not cheque - as I'm a LloydsTSB current account holder)

During this time I have phoned numerous times
    - have been told that if I wanted BACs payment instead of cheque (was only ever offered cheque initially) then I would go to the back of the queue and have to wait again !
    - after asking to speak to a manager or supervisor, have been told that they wouldn't be able to give any more information than I've already been told and the phone was promptly put down on me
    - have been on hold waiting to speak to someone from anywhere between 20 minutes and over 1 hour !

Oh, and whilst I have a current loan with them, I do not have any PPI attached to it as I removed it as soon as this all hit the news year or so ago and they recalculated it back then....so they can't use that as an excuse either.

I've emailed Ian Hallett, Andrea Barry and Antonio Osorio - no reply

I've always stayed loyal to LloydsTSB but this is really pushing the limits of my patience. I just want my money ! :mad:
  • Esoog
    Esoog Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I havent had a loan with Lloyds since 2001 so no current loan! :p

so i guess, all good things must come to those who wait ;)

talking of waits, mine is:

104 Days! :mad:

or

8,985,600 seconds, 149,760 minutes, 2496 hours,14 weeks (rounded down) not counting honest! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::eek:

Good job someone is, lloyds certainly aren't!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback