PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• mummyroysof3
    Options
    have had my 1st spends for feb today £9.27

2 bread
    2 milk
    toilet roll
    bacon
    eggs
    mini chedders
    hot choc
    haribo (shh ignore them lol)
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • skyvicky123
    Options
    Woops...jut realised I didn't include the dog food i had to get from Pets@ so another £15.00 spend means I am £6 over for the week, but that will last me for the month if not a lot longer.

Thanks Weezl...can I just say that you are a legend and it was reading your 50p a day challenge that got me really into OS!
    Staring point of debt £23,343:mad:
    £12245 4/7/11:j
  • tracey12_2
    Options
    Hi everyone

Please can you put me down for £350.00 for the month.

Last month I overspent by £28.06 so am hoping to come under budget as it is a slightly shorter month.

Good luck everyone.

Tracey
    Officially debt free :j
  • Phoolgrrrl
    Options
    Please put me down for £100 for Feb. Should do it, but have an empty freezer so may not! Did well last month came in just under target :)
  • Winged_one
    Options
    DH's fish purchase on Sat was €9, that I've added into Feb, he spent another €5 when getting papers yesterday (hash browns for brekkie for DD and himself, cereal for the week), and I had to get toothpaste for DD, and got some extra fruit and finally found karvol capsules (there's a shortage here at present) so got 3 trays, as I went into work this morning (I was getting bread, fruit and orange juice for work anyway), so another €20 there (well, €19.91).

I had forgotten DH is away most of the week (so only DD and I for 3 dinners) so I will do other things like fried egg and waffles, and making the fresh pasta stretch to 3 dinners for me, instead.

Need to get bread and milk on the way home (easiest rather than trying to keep milk cold at work) but otherwise nothing until next weekend.
    GC 2010 €6,000/ €5,897

GC 2011:Overall Target: €6,000/
    €5,442 by October

Back on the wagon again in 2014
    Apr €587.82/€550 May €453.31 /€550
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Very pleased this month as I have done a lot of shopping from the indoor food cupboards and freezer so I have cash left over .Part of which will go towards my Christmas money stashalong with 'sistercas £1.00 a day monthly challenge', and part towards my summer holiday.Start again tomorrow with £120.00 for February going into to my seperate food purse.
    keep up the good work gang.
    I have stayed away from the supermarkets this month as well and only bought what was absolutely essential
    JackieO
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hi all....we are going quite well but i think prices are going up...very worrying

i am trying to make best use of everything using up leftovers and careful planning...thats the thoery any how

good luck
    tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • kittypimms
    Options
    Hello, please can I be put down for £60 for February - for little me and my 2 rather large and hungry dogs!

Thankyou!
  • mrs_skint
    mrs_skint Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys, can I join? Been watching the OS challenges for a while now and need to make some DRASTIC changes. I have £180 to do me until I get paid again on the 25th Feb. There's 2 adults, 2 teenagers, 3 cats and a guinea pig!
    My LBM - December 2010!

Q.Q: £726; Payday Exp: £650; WDA: £375; L.S: £779; PDP: £649; 24/7 Money: £130
    Provident: £1,700
    Black Horse: £3,471
    TOTAL: £8,480 :eek:
  • Rhealea
    Rhealea Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello! £435.00 for me this month again!
    Grocery Challenge - Jan £426.06 / £435.00
    Feb £376.37 / £435.00
    March £0.00 / £435.00
This discussion has been closed.