PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• teedy23
    teedy23 Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good lord the length of this thread already! I,m going in for £40 this month, probably commiting to something I cant do, will feel deprived and overspend but there it is. Good luck everyone.

If we all stick to our budgets will half the shops go out of biz?
    :T:jDabbler in all things moneysaving.Master of none:o

Well except mastered my mortgage 5 yrs early :T:j
    Street finds for 2018 £26:49.
  • zoe260373
    zoe260373 Posts: 868 Forumite
    Options
    hiya everyone,wow..so many more newbies..great! i am so glad i started this,its made me so aware of what im spending(not just on food either!) sorry ive not been on for a couple of days,was ds2's 8th birthday but he had a bad fall at school and has broken his arm,had x-ray at local hospital where they backslabbed it but had to wait till today to see consultant and get it properly plastered,crazy!also had old friends sons christening and just havent had chance to catch up,there were so many things i wanted to reply to but i cant remember which ones now.:rotfl: glad to see so many doing so well,you are all great,ANGELNIKKI-great idea with the recipes at the start of the thread,thank you for taking over from mrs mc(has anyone heard how shes getting on at all?)anyway,its late and baby it being a nightmare past few weeks waking every hour/hour and a half so need to get some sleep,will trya nd catch up tomorrow,goodnight all,thanks to everyone for the welcomes and the advice and the atmosphere on here,bless ya all.zoe.xxx:T
    family is me,oh,16yDS,10DD,9DS&17month old DS,2dogs,3cats,4bunnies,5 ex battery hens&5fish.GC challenge-/£300:pspends already this month-animal food-£28,mr T shop-£119.plus local shop spends total spent £257,:j
  • KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

I just cant sleep as DH is snoring like a trooper or something similar so I just thought I would come on and see if anyone is around
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• 10past6
    10past6 Posts: 4,962 Forumite
    Options
    No, there are a couple lurking about. Cant remember their names off the top of my head though:o You are definately in the minority though!
    We are in the minority, but we're well looked after :rotfl:
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • newgran_2
    newgran_2 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    KAAT_LADY wrote: »
    Morning everyone

I just cant sleep as DH is snoring like a trooper or something similar so I just thought I would come on and see if anyone is around

pleased to see it's not just me up in middle of night(just checked time-early morn now) catching up on all great ideas and menu ideas. since discovered this thread feel like long sleepless nights are not so boring/wasted anymore.

Good luck to everyone on new GC
  • 10past6
    Options
    newgran wrote: »
    catching up on all great ideas and menu ideas. since discovered this thread feel like long sleepless nights are not so boring/wasted anymore.
    Be careful gran, this sites very addictive :eek:
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • KAAT_LADY
    Options
    newgran wrote: »
    pleased to see it's not just me up in middle of night(just checked time-early morn now) catching up on all great ideas and menu ideas. since discovered this thread feel like long sleepless nights are not so boring/wasted anymore.

Good luck to everyone on new GC

I got into bed and then woke up to the snoring it was awful he had forgotten to put on his cpap machine but I didnt have the heart to wake him

Got my first loaf on should be ready when I go to bed probably,,,,,,,, it does get adictive
    berthas buddies No 5
    .,night owl 25

• 10past6
    Options
    KAAT_LADY wrote: »
    Got my first loaf on should be ready when I go to bed probably
    I wonder if the smell of fresh bread will wake him up :rotfl:

• KAAT_LADY
    Options
    10past6 wrote: »
    I wonder if the smell of fresh bread will wake him up :rotfl:

Oh I do hope so but knowing him it will never happen
    berthas buddies No 5
    .,night owl 25

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

Is there a recipe posted anywhere for a fajita or other mexican recipe?

Hi scaredy cat

We have fajitas most weeks and do them as follows

cube chicken (2 breasts works for 3-4 people)
    fry it off it a tiny smidge of oil
    add LOADS of sliced peppers & onions, chopped garlic & chopped fresh chilli & cook for a minute or so
    Add a splash of cheapy white wine (about |£2.13 in Asda/ tesco - we buy it just for cooking these!)
    Leave cooking for a couple of mins to absorb wine - you will probably get a few slices of onion and pepper get a bit black & sticky - yumm!

Serve into soft tortilla wraps with raw mushrooms/ salsa (bought ok, home made easy - chopped toms, onion, chilli if you want, bit of coriander)/ sour cream/ guacamole to taste. Dh also has grated cheese (heathen!)

Nicer than a packet mix, good at using up tired peppers and sprouty onions!

GT
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport