PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    well thats me finished for August came in under JUST so off to update and see you in September thread xxx
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    jumblejack wrote: »
    Glitch alert. Be quick.

Get yourself to a Tesco express pronto. It only works in Express stores.

Buy 2 lurpak slightly salted butters (blue packet) and the discount comes off in your favour. They should be 2 for £2 but work at 2 for 68p!!!!

It works. I've just tried it. :j

The 34p Lurpak glitch is reported to still be working this morning. :)
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • Nicki_Sue
    Nicki_Sue Posts: 1,261 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    This is my first week, starting today, that I am GC-ing before September when the training wheels comes off. I have a budget of £100 for the week and am withdrawing cash this morning and heading to Heron Foods and the grocer. We've run the freezer, cupboards and everything down so it is going to have to be a very savvy week. I do have Approved Food coming next week which will help.
    We also have no oven which means no baking etc so it should be an adventure.
    I'll not be beaten though!
    MSE-ing since 2007
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Morning
    Some YS southern fried chicken has come out for dinner tonight. Also some YS waffles for breakfast, just to have a break from all the cereal. We are down to 8 boxes now. :cool:
    Lunch will be jacket potatoes with left over curry from dinner last night.

In to the fridge went 4 packets of butter, thankyou for the glitch. :T

I will be shopping today but it should be a very low spend as most of it will be paid with vouchers. :D

I hope everyone has a low or no spend day.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Soworried
    Thankyou for the heads up about the Aldi voucher. I will buy one for me and my Mam. x :)
    £36/£240
    £5522
  • Nicki_Sue
    Well I have been for my first GC shop, nearly broke the pushchair as it was so laden down and only spent.... £33.55. My weekly target is no more than £100 so I'm very pleased with this as I have plenty of meals , veggies, staples and what not.

This week is going to cost me more as I had an empty freezer and no store-cupboard to speak of (a few rough weeks have meant eating out of cupboard and basically clearing them) so I'll be adding a few bits throughout the weeks to bulk the stores back up.

Have to say though, after reading so many GC and meal idea posts recently I'm pleased to say that the £33 I spent this morning would have easily have been £55 a few weeks ago.
    MSE-ing since 2007
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Nicki_Sue wrote: »
    Have to say though, after reading so many GC and meal idea posts recently I'm pleased to say that the £33 I spent this morning would have easily have been £55 a few weeks ago.

Well done Nicki-Sue :T

Just back from Co$tco. Spent £53.80 of which £18.27 was GC, the rest from 2nd purse. Very happy to find a 500ml vanilla extract for £4.99 :D

I have their current offers leaflet if anyone wants to visit before 2nd Sept.

Off to update my totals.
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Nicki_Sue
    Thanks Coxy11!

Is there a thread / post anywhere that explains the 2nd purse thing?
    MSE-ing since 2007
  • Soworried
    I have just got back from MrT and they have reduced the 60pk Lincolnshire frozen cocktail sausages to just £1. This is the same price as the 26pk.
    I stocked up on them for christmas and new year. :D
    £36/£240
    £5522
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Nicki_Sue wrote: »
    Thanks Coxy11!

Is there a thread / post anywhere that explains the 2nd purse thing?

check out the front page in post #7 in this thread for Mother Ships 2nd purse system and there's also a link to a challenge thread ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family