PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• NickJW
    NickJW Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Spiggle wrote: »
    BTW, what are we all going to do tomorrow without the forums?!?! :p

Have I missed something? The forum is down tomorrow? Noooooo!!!! :eek:
    Grocery Challenge Jan 24 0/300

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Spiggle wrote: »
    ... BTW, what are we all going to do tomorrow without the forums?!?! :p ...
    I'm thinking it might be an opportunity to catch up on chores that I should do but don't do because I'm glued to some thread or other :rotfl:
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • rosieben wrote: »
    I'm thinking it might be an opportunity to catch up on chores that I should do but don't do because I'm glued to some thread or other :rotfl:

chores.... what are they?? ;)
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• Spiggle wrote: »
    BTW, what are we all going to do tomorrow without the forums?!?! :p

I am helping OH make a game terrine with some game from the freezer for our friends coming round for dinner, apart from that I am going to miss reading the posts hope its not all day:(
  • rosieben wrote: »

Quite!
    I almost think we need to start a 'self-help 15th Jan challenge' to make sure people don't waste tomorrow moping and mourning over there being no forum. :rotfl:
    NOt sure what I'll do yet (apart from return some clothes that I've decided I DO NOT NEED:A), but shall make sure it's something useful!
  • Quite!
    I almost think we need to start a 'self-help 15th Jan challenge' to make sure people don't waste tomorrow moping and mourning over there being no forum. :rotfl:
    NOt sure what I'll do yet (apart from return some clothes that I've decided I DO NOT NEED:A), but shall make sure it's something useful!

I like the idea of a post for what your going to do on the 15th with out the forum, but I guess it is sorted of covered in the DFW section of what debt free things will you do today:)
  • SuziQ1962
    SuziQ1962 Posts: 232 Forumite
    Been and done the weeks shop and miracle of miracles it has come in under budget by 94p-whoo hoo go me!!!Probably will have to buy milk in the week but hopefully nothing else!
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No 1099 2011/£26.00:j
    Crazy clothes challenge 2012-Budget £28.90/£100:eek:
    January 2012 Grocery challenge £378.27/£240 :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:
    14/16 NSD in January:mad::mad:
    2012 Weight loss challenge -5lbs :j
  • I just wanted to say something about cup measurements. If you have a measuring jug, 1 cup = 8 fluid oz, so when i make cakes with cup measurements i just measure 8 fl oz of flour or sugar. IT is really easy.

1 1/2 cups =12 fl oz.

Hope that helps with the fruit cake recipe or any others that you have.

Although we are away over the weekend i need to get some stuff in today for next week. Luckily our new fridge keeps everything fresh for ages. So i will be popping to Mr T for some fruit and veg, and then to the freezer place for their bargain ham joints for DHs pack ups. Not much freezer room, but one joint can go in the fridge to defrost, and i can squeeze a couple in the freezer.

I'll have to stop the kids putting biscuits in the trolley. I keep telling them we have no pennies at the minute but will have more soon, and should just do some baking with them really. They still have chocolate from christmas though so not like there is no treats.

I need to put a rice pudding in the SC too. Not made one in ages but we have lots of milk that is due to go OOD. The kids have stopped drinking as much.
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello all,

I'm going for £260.00 and will finish after shopping on 28th January

Total £99.09 so far,

Co-op 10.28
    Sainsburys 39.20

New Total £148.57
  • :wave: Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been on in a while. The hours & days just seem to whizz by at the moment & I have beena bitbusy reading the Up your Income thread plus others.

Everyone seems to be doing well. I am doing ok. I've had quite a few no spend days but I have also had days where I have had to spend unexpectantly due to either getting locked out of my house & having to buy lunch or taking the wrongthing out of the freezer by mistake & only realising just before I started cooking it. I have managed to get quite a few whoopsies & the freezer is still full but annoyingly a bit of food has gone to waste. I haven't for example eaten any of those sweet potatoes that I bought 2 weeks ago & now not sure whether they will still be edible!

I think my signature however is up to date although it may possibly be £7 short for a receipt from one day last week that I can't remember if I added or not.

I haven't really done any major shops but have done various bits here & there. Tomorrow for me when the site will be down will hopefully be spent e-baying & perhaps a bit of baking or looking through my recipe folders.

I'm sorry. I did try to read through all the pages since I last posted but only managed about ten & then also just read the last couple to catch up a bit more.

Rosieben - nice to see you still posting
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure