The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Comments

• rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    pigeonpie wrote: »
    isn't the AA part of HSBC ?

No, the accounts are run by Birmingham Midshires, who in turn are part of Halifax.
    pigeonpie wrote: »
    I am being driven nuts by Coventry. Every day a new letter with some drip drip of security info. 2 weeks and my deposit banked with them, and still no internet login and PIN or their grid code either.

Have you registered for internet banking (i.e. the stage after setting a password)? The web ID and grid card won't be sent until you do so.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,970
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    rb10 wrote: »
    No, the accounts are run by Birmingham Midshires, who in turn are part of Halifax.

Not quite, as Halifax is a part of Bank of Scotland.
  • pigeonpie
    pigeonpie Posts: 1,216 Forumite
    rb10 wrote: »

Have you registered for internet banking (i.e. the stage after setting a password)? The web ID and grid card won't be sent until you do so.

No, haven't got there yet as after 3 weeks of letters arriving every few days, I've just returned the password and am still waiting to hear from them on What To Do Next. It feels like Clydesdale Revisited :eek:
    I opened an AA account instead. It just seems easier.

What are NR like though? I was put off by receiving no fewer than 6 auto generated 'welcome to NR' emails
  • I think Coventry Building Society are GREAT I have been with them six years and they look after their customers. They have just emailed me to say that my enotice account interest will not finish in January but is extended until 30th November 2012. The AA only give yearly income. Northern Rock's platform is archaic.
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • I've just noticed this post which says AA 3.2% rate will be withdrawn soon.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=49474085&postcount=35
  • xyz123 wrote: »
    hi- i currently have a natwest e-saver which was opened last year. my bonus rate is extended till february, however i am thinking of moving away from that to the AA account.

Would appreciate some feedback on AA? Is their online banking decent enough (i am not looking for any fancy features but just normal day to day checking of balances and some transfers) and do they have faster payments up to 10k a day?

The online interface is fairly limited, though it does show the interest rate you're getting, which not all do. Downloadable tax statements. You can't transfer money between accounts, I don't think - have to phone them up to ask them to do it for you.

I think you can only withdraw to your linked current account - can't set up arbitrary payments. If it's not faster payment withdrawal already, it will be soon. I'm not sure of the daily limit.

You can push money in using faster payment. You can use their interface to deposit from linked account, but I think that goes by direct debit and takes a couple of days to go through.
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Applied for the AA 3.2% saver today. For the first time ever, I wasn't asked at any point to provide evidence of my identity and address...they may ask for it by post but I hope not - that would slow down the process a lot, unnecessarily.

It's great that it supports Faster Payments too, it means I won't have to wait 4-5 days to start earning interest on any transferred funds, unlike my previous savings accounts. :)
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    DragonQ wrote: »
    Applied for the AA 3.2% saver today. For the first time ever, I wasn't asked at any point to provide evidence of my identity and address :)
    are you sure? Seems to be 2.8% at present.
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It definitely said 3.2% when I started the application process. I guess I'll find out when I go home after the Christmas holidays and read the letter they sent me!
  • gwyn1_2
    gwyn1_2 Posts: 43 Forumite
    It was 3.2 the issue closed very quickly and is no longer available. I signed up for it and was in time. If your application was accepted when you 'clicked' on it then like me I think you will be OK. Some times when an issue closes they will only accept the initial opening deposit - no further deposits accepted. I emailed the AA and received a response on the 30/12 stating that I can make more deposits. How long the latter remains applicable for I don't know yet
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback