Savings accounts accepting DD's

Comments

• polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What reward do you get from coop bank?

Up to £5.50, typically £4 per month

https://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/assets/pdf/bank/currentaccounts/everyday-rewards/everyday-rewards-at-a-glance.pdf
  • polymaff
    edited 5 January 2018 at 6:54PM
    I set mine up 1.00 a week ;):rotfl:to satisfy Cooperative Bank 4 DDs a month for monthly reward. :)

23rd and 30th November direct debits as above.

Email from Scottish Widows mentioning needed proof of ownership of Bank Account, asked me to confirm that I still wanted to open the account, after confirming ........I got a reply mentioning minimum direct debit was 10.00. I replied saying I wasnt aware that ...I happy :( for direct debits to be 10.00.

Since 7th December direct debits have indeed been weekly 10.00 :eek:

It is the twerps who set up a £1, rather than a more sensible £10.99 Tesco DD that bombed that scheme.

Once a Twerp ... ? :)
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    polymaff wrote: »
    It is the twerps who set up a £1, rather than a more sensible £10.99 Tesco DD that bombed that scheme.

Once a Twerp ... ? :)

That's life :D:D !!
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic

I typically get 5.50 :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Any evidence to support that assertion?
  • polymaff
    eskbanker wrote: »

Of course.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite

Any evidence to to support it wasn't a major factor?

:o
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Of course.
    Care to share?
    Any evidence to to support it wasn't a major factor?
    I'm not aware of Tesco having made any statement as to their reasons, other than (IIRC) suggesting that it's to do with all the regulatory changes coming in on the 13th, but as far as I'm concerned the burden of proof (or at least some sort of attempt to support the claim) rests with someone making the allegation rather than it being up to others to refute it. I could just as easily airily claim that they had too many account opening applications from 37-year-old green lobsters in Chalfont St Giles, safe in the knowledge that nobody could disprove that, but that wouldn't really constitute a particularly constructive line of debate!
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite

I'm not aware of Tesco having made any statement as to their reasons, other than (IIRC) suggesting that it's to do with all the regulatory changes coming in on the 13th, but as far as I'm concerned the burden of proof (or at least some sort of attempt to support the claim) rests with someone making the allegation rather than it being up to others to refute it. I could just as easily airily claim that they had too many account opening applications from 37-year-old green lobsters in Chalfont St Giles, safe in the knowledge that nobody could disprove that, but that wouldn't really constitute a particularly constructive line of debate!

That's a 'no' then.

:)
  • soulsaver wrote: »
    Well SW would confirm that in a telephone call, wouldn't they?
    And you/she could ask them how they could do that without notice?

And I suspect they'll refer to a notification that hasn't been received; or received, not acted upon. Or maybe an email that's gone to junk?

You may be right about a missed e-mail. That's why I asked how people had found out/been notified.

She messaged YB and they've said that as she has 4 DD's they class as active, she's still in line for her bonus in that respect so at least that's something.

Probably less hassle to just set up another nominated account for SW (after she's received her YB bonus), perhaps to replace a Tesco DD on another account, rather than phone them to ask whether they gave notice. Especially as it doesn't seem to have affected her bonus after all.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback