Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well done to all the losers

Up and ready for back to work.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - overnight oats
    Lunch - ham and cottage cheese salad
    Dinner - stir fry
    Snacks - fruit

HA - milk
    HB - oats
    Zebras rock
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Still in target zone but have started to fall into bad habits recently. So yesterday I had a fully on plan day - lots of veg, made the salmon mousse with smoked salmon and quark which was really decadent! Had a yogurt and raspberries as a snack and made the paella from the back of the SW ready meal which has left 4 tubs of LO and then finished off the quark with some Options hot choc stirred into it with a Fibre One bar broken up into it. Really pleased and feel much better for having had a 100% SW day. Aiming for another day today and see what WI says later on. Think I'll be in target but I might be on the top end rather than on the nose or just under
  • Moneysaverme
    Moneysaverme Posts: 284 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Managed to lose 2.5 lbs

Not sure how as I ate a lot of chocolate this weekend. Must have been good enough at the start of the week to counteract it.

Next week should see a stone. Yay!

Chin up to all those struggling and well done to the losers x
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Reporting in with a loss of 1lb and with a confession - I actually had a large gain last week but told a white lie as I couldn't bear to wipe out my total loss for the challenge. I'm pretty sure it was one of those unexplained fluctuations but I'm pleased to be back to normal again.
    beanielou wrote: »
    Thank you.
    My most vavourite vegetable :drool:

I'm really surprised at that too - I don't mind courgettes added to things but they'd be a long way down the list where favourites are concerned. How do you like to eat them? They're still in plentiful supply here, unlike French beans, which I really like! :mad: There are plenty of runner beans but they're such a faff without a gadget to slice them, and I'm not that keen on them anyway. Cauliflowers are huge and good value, I might look up that soup recipe.

Did anyone watch Countryfile last night? They were in 'my' part of Spain talking about the devastation to the salad crops. It made me laugh when they interviewed a farmer, I expected him to be Spanish and he had a broad Irish accent... :rotfl:

Shala - sorry to hear your work situation is getting to you, I think you mentioned redundancies a while back, are you at risk or don't you know yet? I've been in that situation several times and it's difficult whether you leave or stay. Feel free to rant here, I'm sure none of us will object, it may not strictly be on topic but life does get in the way of SW sometimes.

Well done to all the losers and hugs to anyone who needs one. Have a good week.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Good to see you posting lush, especially taking some time for yourself at the weekend. If your employer withdraws the parking permits, they're effectively making a pay cut:mad:. I use public transport for local journeys and most have free wifi so that's good for catching up. Some people I know drive to the edge of the controlled zone and walk/bus from there.

You know I never looked at it like that but effectively you're right...I might raise that point with the other lass who will lose one too (the third is the MD and we pay him far too much - according to our board directors) especially considering the other office has ample free parking and the only other person in our office walks to work plus if they come over from the other office they can claim the parking back on expenses!
    piglet6 wrote: »
    If anybody has a "super 6" cauliflower that they are looking to use up, may I recommend the Cauliflower & Horseradish soup from the SW website. Have just made it to take to work for lunch tomorrow and its delicious! :T

I've made this soup for years (since the first time I did sw) and adore it especially in winter
    joedenise wrote: »
    What on earth are hendos? Never heard of them and google didn't help?

Denise

I had a feeling this would have been hendersons - it is lovely though seeing as I'm from 'south of the Watford gap' which apparently makes me 'southern' my roots are lea and perrins!

seeing the other chat about West Yorkshire and near the airport I'm west Yorkshire too (wakefield to be exact :) )

today:
    breakfast: mushroom and baby plum tomato omelette (2 eggs) with 2 big tinned plum tomatoes plus a cup of earl grey with 50 ml semi skimmed from hea
    lunch: probably a jacket potato with cucumber, red cabbage, pickled onion and beetroot and some more chicken in quark with mild curry powder - not going to li that was the best lunch I've had on a day off at home in ages yesterday so sticking with it! all I did was a cut up a cooked chicken thigh (skinless and boneless) mix it with a big spoon full of quark and a teaspoon of mild curry powder which I think is free? might have cheese again on my potato too (from hea
    tea: burger (5 syns and heb roll) with cucumber, tomatoes, will find some more speed somewhere and/or follow up with passionfruit apple and cherries

littlie has gym at 10.45 and we have to go pick up a new car seat before that, then we are off to the local beauty college for a hair consultation for me then this afternoon we are off to visit her new pre school before her stay and play sessions start on Wednesday! busy day :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    The weekend is over and now to really get stuck back into the plan. Really want to lose 3lb over the next 3 weeks but I won't get it if I don't stick to plan more rigidly!

Today's plan:

B - porridge made with water; frozen melon balls, strawberries & pomegranate seeds
    L - jacket potato with tuna mayo; side salad
    D - something using up the roast lamb - not sure what yet but it'll be spicy! and will have with either couscous or rice

HEA - milk
    HEB - porridge
    Syns - LTL mayo 1 syn; not sure if I'll need any syns for dinner but they're there if I need them

Denise
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Still licking my wounds here. Period has arrived as well so feeling low. Black dog is back - the wee blighter!!

Sorry to hear that Shala - seems work woes are frequent are a common theme at the minute. Just have a break from SW for a little while, your motivation / interest in it will return I've felt like that many times. Seems Whiplashy you are also in a similar frame of mind. Just forget about what you've have binged on and try and get into it now.

Never heard of these Henderson products!!
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Plan for today (to make up for the naughty weekend)...
    B: Cup of tea with HExA Milk
    L: Turkey Salad (spinach tomatoes celery cucumber) Total FF Tog & frozen Berries, 1/4 Melon
    D: Something with leftover Cauli, swede and carrots from yesterdays roast.
    Snacks: I have an emergency banana in my bag and a Muller Yog in the work fridge. I will not syn today :o
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    Pleased to report an on plan weekend - seems easy when no booze is involved.
    Today's menu
    He a best of both milk
    He b 2 hifi light (with Broadchurch tonight )
    B banana, full fat total yogurt (3 syns but Soooo worth it) blueberries and pomegranate seeds
    L sw chips, egg and beetroot
    D sw quiche with loads of speedy salad.
    Snacks satsuma, Apple.

Roasted courgette is lovely and if you like fritter/bhajees type things - grate it, add a He of feta, egg and then drop spoonfuls onto a baking sheet or frying pan and cook until golden they are scrummy. They just need seasoning very well!
  • WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    morning all,

well the weekend was on plan food wise - not so much wine wise but hey ho I had a lovely weekend so not going to beat myself up about it. and I did manage the gym twice over the weekend so hoping that will help.

We are away this weekend so eating out for 3 days! means I need to be as good as possible this week to try and do some damage limitation!

so today
    B: ML and strawverries
    L: carrot soup - HM so no syns HEB scan bran
    D: some kind of casserole from the mag - can't remember which one i plucked for!
    snacks - carrot and celery sticks
    HEA Milk.

planning no syns but I am sure something will creap in. also gym this evening. WI tomorrow!
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family