IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Parking Notice Charge for parking in Aldi, Bangor

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    yes, please start your own thread using the red NEW THREAD BUTTON , TOP LEFT OF THE MAIN FORUM , so you can get bespoke advice

thank you
  • Nickgtaylor
    Options
    Done

All help gratefully received
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    We received a letter on Wednesday 31st August stating,

"Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your correspondence in relation to the Parking Charge incurred on 25 July 2016 at !!;!!, at ALDI Bangor car park.

We are written to advise you that your recent appeal has been unsuccessful and that you have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure. This is because you have not provided sufficient evidence to show that you did not break the terms and conditions on the signage.

We are fully compliant with British Parking Association regulations on signage, and confirm that there is adequate signage at this site that is visible, appropriately located, clear and legible. However, as a gesture of goodwill, we have extended the discount period for a further 14 days from the date of this correspondence. Please be advised:

There is an independent appeals service (POPLA) which is available to motorists who have had an appeal rejected by the British Parking Association Approved Operator. Contact information and further information can be found enclosed. See also https://www.popla.co.uk

If you appeal to POPLA and your appeal is unsuccessful you will not be able to pay the discounted amount in settlement of the Parking Charge, you will be liable to pay the full amount.

By law we are also required to inform you that Ombudsman Services (https://www.ombudsman-services.org) provides an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, we have not chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service. As such should you wish to appeal then you must do so to POPLA, as explained above.

A payment can be made by telephoning our offices on 0330 555 4444 or by visiting https://www.parkingeye.co.uk or by posting a cheque or postal order to ParkingEye, PO Box 565, Chorley, PR6 6HT.

Yours faithfully

ParkingEye Team"

This letter arrived on the day my Gran passed away :cry: :sad: _pale_ so I am only getting round to looking at it now. The date on the letter is 25 August 2016 so the last day to pay the lower fee would be today but what should I do - just pay it?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    This letter arrived on the day my Gran passed away so I am only getting round to looking at it now.

I'm so sorry to hear that.

But the letter is the standard one everyone gets (there is never a need to type a parking firm letter out, they are just the same templates for all) and almost no-one folds at this stage. POPLA now, as per post #3 of the NEWBIES thread, search the forum for ParkingEye POPLA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jo4
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

But the letter is the standard one everyone gets (there is never a need to type a parking firm letter out, they are just the same templates for all) and almost no-one folds at this stage. POPLA now, as per post #3 of the NEWBIES thread, search the forum for ParkingEye POPLA.

Thank you.

I am not thinking straight at the moment, apologies for the unnecessary typing. DVLA and POPLA seem to agree with Parking Eye. I will look for POPLA's response and post it on here shortly.
  • Jo4
    Options

Although I have a thumping headache I am going to try and read that thread now, thank you.
  • Jo4
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »
    I am delighted to say all 3 emails have now been sent.

This is the response PE gave,

“Thank you for contacting ParkingEye, we acknowledge receipt of the appeal.

We endeavour to respond to all appeals as soon as possible. Whilst we consider an appeal the parking charge amount will not increase. Please note that a full written response may take up to 14 days.”

Hopefully by Monday 22nd August 2016 we will know what is happening, fingers crossed we don't have to pay but we have definitely learnt our lesson if we are ever near Aldi again.

Can I appeal on the grounds that they did not respond within 14 days like they said they would?

Post 2289 http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4488337&page=58
  • Jo4
    Options
    Can I appeal on the grounds that they did not respond within 14 days like they said they would?

I do not have any evidence of the date that I contacted them. Should I have any evidence or would this work - I only have a few hours to get this sorted?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

It is not your main POPLA point.

I don't understand why POPLA has 'responded' to you? I thought you had only just last week got PE's rejection letter? Do you mean that the BPA has responded to you, not POPLA, surely?

Please tell us you have not just put in a POPLA appeal before researching it and getting our help with it?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jo4
    Options
    It is not your main POPLA point.

I don't understand why POPLA has 'responded' to you? I thought you had only just last week got PE's rejection letter? Do you mean that the BPA has responded to you, not POPLA, surely?

Please tell us you have not just put in a POPLA appeal before researching it and getting our help with it?

Sorry POPLA hasn't responded to me - knew I shouldn't have been trying to do this with the headache but I have no option as the deadline is fast approaching.

I got ParkingEye's rejection letter on Wednesday 31st August 2016, the day Granny passed.

No I haven't, I have been reading a lot of threads to see what I should send them, hence the link above.

Apologies for the confusion but this thumping headache is to blame.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure