PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread - Saturday 13th February 2010

Options

Comments

• bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

Pipkin - Happy Birthday DD hope she enjoys her day , Hope your feel better today x
    NMLC - Well done on the lotto win :D
    Taplady - How's DH getting on ?
    Essex - Enjoy China Town (<very jealous) :D
    natalie- OOOH crumpets.....lovely i want some rings now :o
    Ange - How's martin ?

It's Saturday :j it's half term :j, can you tell i need a rest :D.
    DS slept all night :T he's back to his normal self today :T, which was just aswell as i went to bed abit squiffy :D. Need to jump inthe shower when DH gets up, Need to drop ironing off. Then the big clean up will commence. It's lovely and sunny here so will wash as much as i can and get on the line :T.

Tea tonight dunno yet :o. Anyway hugs and kisses for the ones feeling crap xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Morning all :)

It's beautiful and sunny here, and I am off work until the 22nd :D so I'm in a rather good mood.

Happy birthday to Miss Pipkin, I remember turning 13 and thinking I was so grown up! :rotfl:

Today I am off to town to have my haircut, then to meet the girls for quick lunch and then off to my old local pub near my parents house to watch the rugby with my other friends. Then I'll call into my parents cos I didn;t get there yesterday to pick up post and my new GHD's :D and my cousin and his wife should be there too so it will be nice to see them for a bit.

Very little OS today - tomorrow will be a mammoth spring clean!. DW will go on overnight tonight. I'm having crumpets for breakfast, and a freezer meal for tea. Either HM curry or fahijas with a HM sauce. Both are nice and easy to do, so just depends on what takes my fancy later.

Have a fab day all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • nic1lou2
    nic1lou2 Posts: 686 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Had a lie in this morning till 7.30 (normally up for work at 4.50) and boy am I aching - I thought it was supposed to make you feel better:rotfl:

Diva - thank you for thinking of me and yes I am missing her dreadfully, more than I ever thought I would It has been awful coming into an empty house when I finish work!

Sunnyday - your post made me hungry too!!!:D

Tru - the photos of the chicks are just adorable although I must confess that I have a bit of a stupid phobia about chickens feet! I know it is silly but I remember one of my brothers chasing me round with one (a chicken foot - not attached) when I was tiny and I still am not easy near chickens:o

Happy Birthday to Miss Pipkin, hope you have a lovely day.

(((Hugs))) Lowesy

Right off to finish tidying the kitchen and get another load of washing on as I just heard the first one finish - will put that on the airer, can't wait for outside drying weather to arrive! Today is going to be a cleaning day and then hopefully finish the second sleeve on the cardigan I am attempting to knit (I am a complete novice but have been taking lessons) Might venture to the pictures this afternoon/evening as Hubbie wants to see Avatar and see what all the 3D effects are like. Tea tonight is chinese (offer at Morrisons from grabbit board £3) so nice and easy

Have a good day all

x
    "Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to........"
    :D Dieting ........... is no piece of cake!!!!:D
    Weight loss since January 2011 - 5st 5 lbs!!!!!
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 13 February 2010 at 9:55AM
    Options
    nmlc wrote: »

Made 2 dozen biscuits and 2 dozen cup cakes yesterday afternoon, will be making a bakewell tart and fruit tealoaf today -

Would you happen to have a tried and tested recipe for bakewell tart ?? its one of my favourites, and I have never baked one, I would love to give it a go :)

Morning all,

Just me up at the moment, even little dog is still in bed, will get dd up at 9, her dad comes at 11 and she has to clear her bedroom first.

First load of washing is in the machine, 2 more to go, but it looks like a good drying day, so will get it all on the line, I need to get OH to go in the loft and get a weekend bag down for dd going away, they are only going for 5 days so that should be big enough.

OH made a lovely chilli last night, with my home grown chillis, it was delish and nice and spicy hot which is just how we like it, I think he put 10 chillis in it :D

Tea tonight will be 'cheesy nabs' :D, nice bread, cheese, pickles dips etc, very easy, just bung it all on the table and help yourself.

Need to pop to the shop later and get a card for tomorrow, might see if there are any chocs at a good price too ;)

Also might nip to B & Q to get the flooring for dd's bedroom, the electrician let us down yesterday, and we cant do anything until he has done his bit, :mad: its really frustrating.

Happy Birthday to Miss Pipkin, have a wonderful day xx :bdaycake:

Cranky, hope you and the house elf are ok xx

Tru,how lovely what sweet chicks x

OK off to get more tea and some toast.

Have good days all xx
  • maccanut
    Options
    :)MORNING EVERYONE
    had a friend over last nite and didn't get to bed late and im up at 7.30 but i did go back to sleep the white furry dog wanted me to get up and let him out.not much os today takle my ironing pile keep looking at it and it just gets bigger:(must do some today as we are out for dinner and i have to sort clothes out this weekend as we are off to edinburgh for a long weekend yea ha and it didn't cost us anything so hubby is very happyand son very very happy as we have tickets to dynamic earth :j my sister inlaw will doggie sit and watch the house as well can't wait need to put bm on and make fresh soup as mil is on her way to us this morn now wher can i hide from her:rotfl:have a good day and big hugs to everyone .

abigail
  • anniemf2508
    Options
    Good morning....very tired here today, youngest was up in the night being sick, got him back off at about 2am , then my daughter decided to get up...excited i guess as its her 11th birthday today.
    S o just had to ring the grandparents to tell them that son has been sick just in case its a bug and they might not want to come over, they said they'd risk it but no stay too long.
    Hubby is off to work then later...he was supposed to be off today but his boss forgot to book it in the diary and booked a large cookery course in.
    Daughter has requested a chinese for her birthday dinner, so hubby can pick that up on the way home :)

Hope everyone has as good a day as they can :)

oh and Happy Birthday Miss Pipkin....i too can't believe how fast time goes, this time 11 years ago we'd just got to the labour unit
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    annie - happy birthday to your DD!:bdaycake:

bargainbird - thanks for yesterdays PM:) I didn't get chance to resend my reply as I was off to work but it was really nice of you to send it. DH's leg is slightly better but his elbow is worse. He is thinking perhaps it is due to an old injury as he broke it badly years ago - not sure think he is just clutching at straws.
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • NoahsPennilessMummy
    NoahsPennilessMummy Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 February 2010 at 10:40AM
    Options
    Morning allbiggrin.gif

Not been on all week as it has been one of those chasing my tail weeks and lots off appointments etc.
    Off to DS`s music lesson at 10. I need to pop to boots to get some more frizz ease shampoo etc for my "afro".
    When we get back DS and I are going to make some red velvet cupcakes and then ice them with red icing and use white writing icing to do hearts on them....these will be for OH for valentines day.....have already got him a card:p
    It is DS`s autism group swim party tonight at 6 so busy day for him hyper.gif.
    i will give him his tea at 4 as usual and will make some HM pizza for OH and I to shove in the oven later as it is 8 30 by the time we get back from the swim.
    Other news re DS......had his parents evening....apparently when he was last assessed for reading his reading age was 4yrs 5 months ( he is 6yrs 6 months)......now it is 7 years and 5 monthsbanana.gif. He has come on a lot. They are obviously still having other difficulties with his behaviour and any change at school etc but am so glad something is going the right way for him:D:T. He is flapping a lot at the mo due to half term etc:cool:
    Oh and he persuaded me to let him look after the school fish ( 2 goldfish) for the hols:o so had to carry them home in the tank yesterday....Fatcat taking a very keen interest as they are in a more accessible spot than ourscat.gif

Redruby wow 10 chillies:eek:...hope you have your toilet roll in the fridge in readyness;)
    Bitsy up early again dear:p that will teach you for coming on and showing off about the kids sleeping later this week:rotfl::p;)
    Taplady sorry you are feeling the pinch at the mo:o we are the same as OH missed a lot of work due to snow and not being able to get his van out( is self employed) and due to time off over Xmas when people do not want plumbers in their house unless an emergency. Will have the same next month as I have an unpaid week on next months wage due to DS being ill and DS`s dad has lost his job so has halved the maintenance for the time being:o:cool:.....aren`t we lucky we are OSers and will survive yay.gif
    DS now kicking off as he has discovered there is an all day Horrid Henry extravaganza on CITV so he doesnt want to go to music lesson.......DS has taken to saying "silence worm!" to anyone he doesnt want to listen to:o
  • hilstep2000
    Options
    Morning all!
    Got up at 8.30 this morning. Cat on my chest!:rotfl:He has taken to coming up to see me when I've woken up, only to try and make me give him his breakfast!:rotfl:
    I'd forgotten how much fun having a cat can be!
    DD is well, waiting for the 15th March when she can give up work. Had a scare last weekend, the hospital thought she had a DVT:eek:Thank goodness it wasn't. they now think it's just varicous veins.

Croissants and coffee for breakfast. Fresh from the bakers iver the road. OH likes to spoil us on saturdays:rotfl:

He's cooking me a romantic Valentines meal tonight, so that'll be nice. 9 Years together and he's still an old softy:T

((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) if you need them.
    Have a good day!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all.............((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) if you need one.

It has rained overnight, OH was hoping to start digging out the beds he marked out yesterday, thinks its a bit too wet for that, doubtless he will find something to do.

I have the washing machine on as the forecast is for a fine day (fingers crossed) so even if it does not dry it will smell of fresh air.

We changed our minds about the carpet yesterday I have ordered a new one, sometime nest week we have to empty the bed room and get the 4 old carpets up and outside then arrange for a bulk pickup, the capret we have chosen has a falt back so we do not need the underlay. We also managed to pick up a bed in the sales, that will not be coming until the beginning of March........its slightly smaller than ours in that its 4' 6" rather than the 5' ours is.

Nothing really planned for today, apart from the washing.....may get an hour on my machine later, I have a couple of cushions to make up. Think I will unpack the breadmaker and get it going with a loaf, the bought bread is going down rapidly and does not fill you like the good old home bread does.
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure