Travelling On

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Happy Friday :)

I had a lovely afternoon out, but with the amount of nattering we did, I've lost my voice again :o I can't talk at all!

Reading books on a tablet is a learned skill for me, CBC - sitting in an armchair, with a portable table that pulls up, and an e-reader stand - it means I don't stress my fingers to hold the tablet.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Hope your voice is back soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,306
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hope you have your voice back KC. The weather is improving here this morning after a cold dull start.
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 16.02% spent or £480.73/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Karmacat
    Forumite
    :wave::wave::wave:

Thank you folks! I'm afraid the moment my voice comes back, I've tried to use it (we've got a lot of urgent family organising going on at the moment, in spite of texts and emails) and so it goes again :o Organising is done now, I'm simply not speaking to anyone till Monday evening :)

Between ridiculous throat and ridiculous weather, not much activity, and what there has been, has been online. Got SB down to a T, did a YouGov too, I've checked the excursions on the cruise, booked one more for us both and got another to query, I've actually started to get the bits and necessary bobs together, and now I'm scanning photos glued into an album by my mother - thats a bit tricky! It's happening though.

Once Ninja Warrior comes on .... I'm gone :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I can just about cope with the manic commentary :eek:
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,826
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    How's your voice this morning KC?

Exciting news about the cruise excursions - how long till you go now?

I had a brief look at Ancestry, but didn't get very far as intended to do it while DH was watching F1. Except he needed my laptop for that :( So I had a nap instead! :)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Have a good week :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Forumite
    themadvix wrote: »
    How's your voice this morning KC?
    Very slow improvement,thank you madvix - accompanying snuffles notwithstanding. I presume thats the body's attempts to smooth things over, it's not a cold. I feel a lot better today, but still only communicating with email when I have a choice :)
    Exciting news about the cruise excursions - how long till you go now?
    Four weeks now :j:j:j the neighbour who looks after my house is on full alert :D
    I had a brief look at Ancestry, but didn't get very far as intended to do it while DH was watching F1. Except he needed my laptop for that :( So I had a nap instead! :)
    What a shame! There was one person I really wanted to find but couldn't (a great-aunt of my dad's, she helped bring him up), plus a few less important ones, but to be honest I did really well. Very unexpected, but great :) They've done it before, I'm sure they'll offer it again.
    beanielou wrote: »
    Have a good week :)
    Thanks beanie! Just going to set up my plans for this week.
  • Karmacat
    Forumite
    Right, I'm not planning too much day by day, but I need to bear it in mind when I make choices - I need some activity in there each day, use it or lose it sort of thing :)

- SB and YouGov can pootle in the background, not taking up any foreground attention :)

- I need to buy one more excursion, a halfday/ day trip along the Atlantic Road, have a look at the pic on this page: https://www.visitnorway.com/places-to-go/fjord-norway/northwest/listings-northwest/national-tourist-route-atlanterhavsvegen/11862/

- domestic stuff, utterly boring :D

- garden stuff, including a bonfire :j I might wear a mask for that, to be honest, with my throat being the way it is.

- finish gathering stuff I need. Even things like an adaptor plug: if 2 of us are charging a phone, kindle and camera each, wallplugs are going to be in high demand :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: :cool:

- get 15 minutes of sun a day on my face, and try to look after myself more, not just look after the house and garden.
  • Karmacat
    Forumite
    Quick update:
    - SB is indeed pootling in the background.
    - done some boring domestic stuff (uh, cleaning shopping to put away :o)
    - booked the Atlantic Road trip
    - did an online Sainsbo shop, to use up a £3 off voucher. This was mse-type-interesting :rotfl::
    • delivery tomorrow for only £1
    • automatic application of voucher, hooray
    • I buy 2litre bottles of water sometimes, as a safety thing: 17p at Asda, 25p at Sainsbo!
    • I also buy ground coffee, also as a safety thing :D it banishes the monster :D basics type is £1.49 at Asda, £2.30 at Sainsbo! Wow!
    The delivery tomorrow so cheaply is brilliant, I'll make sure I keep up to date with Sainsbo if they can do that. Tells me they might be in a bit of trouble, though.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Quick update:
    - SB is indeed pootling in the background.
    - done some boring domestic stuff (uh, cleaning shopping to put away :o)
    - booked the Atlantic Road trip
    - did an online Sainsbo shop, to use up a £3 off voucher. This was mse-type-interesting :rotfl::
    • delivery tomorrow for only £1
    • automatic application of voucher, hooray
    • I buy 2litre bottles of water sometimes, as a safety thing: 17p at Asda, 25p at Sainsbo!
    • I also buy ground coffee, also as a safety thing :D it banishes the monster :D basics type is £1.49 at Asda, £2.30 at Sainsbo! Wow!
    The delivery tomorrow so cheaply is brilliant, I'll make sure I keep up to date with Sainsbo if they can do that. Tells me they might be in a bit of trouble, though.

Aren't they combining with Asda?
    Must use my stash up!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport