Fun & Games - PIP

Comments

• NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks, I only mention that as I have a rather nasty feeling, given the quality of the evidence sent to the DWP, that I am going to have to 'attack my own initial evidence' as per the PIP2.
    Unless I am wrong, and I hope that I am, the Jobcentre guy may well have put HIS interpretation down on the form based on what I said to him. In other words the content of the PIP2 may well be contradictory to the documentary evidence. that was not disclosed to him
    The accuracy of what is on the PIP2 is down to how they (the JC) filled it out. Yes I signed it in good faith and under pressure but what the complete contents are I have no idea.

Nope.

In my experience DWP staff act as scribes. They ask the questions and complete the form using your answers. They aren't there to discuss the ins and outs of every question and probe as I mentioned above

And yes it is your responsibility. You signed the form - you took it away with you. You could have had a look at it (indeed in some of your earlier posts you have said that it didn't look right and that you were"working on it".). You could have discussed it with your wife and kids - you could have amended it

It's another red herring.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,758 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 March 2017 at 12:30PM
    I have had a look at the descriptors this morning and using what you say about not fixating on the strict wording, I calculate that there should be enough points to award me 'enhanced' for both care and mobility. For example bathing, I have an electric bath riser supplied by Social Services that allows me to drop into the water and rise again. I still need help to get onto the chair and off. I need help to wash my hair, back and below my waist along with needing help to dry those parts as well.
    I have a raised toilet seat and frame also supplied by Social Services. Whilst this helps me to clean myself, I still need help to get off the toilet.
    In fact Social Services, after a review of my difficulties and a financial assessment in Nov 2016, suggested that I should have carers come in a couple of times a day for which they would pay for. I refused that offer as I saw it as the last straw of losing what independence I have left.
    Anyhow I will get letters posted on Monday to the DWP setting out exactly what you have previously suggested and will take it from there.
    Thanks once again
    When I saw you say you have something electric and then it is soon after followed by words about dropping in the bath my alarm bells rang..lol. I wouldn't rush your written Mandatory Reconsideration if you're starting this weekend... at least in the sense you don't need it done by Monday but you do need to start progressing as others advise. Make your case regarding at least one activity per day perhaps... since some probably won't be applicable you might be able to send off in 7-10 days. To prevent any more disasters I suggest you get the post office to send your MR (and any supporting evidence) via a service that at least gets a signature from recipient... and keep the receipt! It'll be interesting to see how all this plays out... the DWP consider from your application that you do not have significant disabilities but you determine you should receive the maximum PIP award. In my mind I wonder if your disabilities are supportive in claiming you have been reckless with your claim submissions thus far. At a tribunal with people seeing you face to face you just may be able to explain incompetence in application as a result of the very problems you have leading to your claim in the first place. It's incestuous but it may have legs (sounds like I'm describing a reptile from Venus). Perhaps not... but I do wonder.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    There seems to be a bout of verbal diarrhoea doing the rounds!
  • bigbulldog wrote: »
    Rockingbilly

What I really don't understand is that in previous posts you use your own income to fund the kind of car you like to drive as Motability don't as it goes above there threshold and You say again in previous posts that you don't need the money dla/pip provides as you give it to your grand children a bit like the post saying you have to put your Motability scooter on the back seats then saying you don't have a scooter,so I don't know whether to feel sorry for you or are you an out and out storey teller,but I will say one thing is that I would not give myself all the so called grief your claiming to have about trying to claim a disability benefit when in fact you don't really need it do you and more to the point don't even qualify for it.

Well you are right in one aspect, the money is not the reason I am claiming PIP. The three most important reasons are: automatic Blue Badge, no road tax to pay and on principle, I have disabilities that entitle me to make a claim.
    There is nothing that states that you should only make a claim if you have extra financial needs created by the disabilities. In fact people spend the award on other things like holidays, cars and in my case, by giving it to my children.

I don't own and have never owned a mobility scooter - they are too dangerous. Where have you gathered that I do own one?
  • bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 March 2017 at 4:11PM

I don't own and have never owned a mobility scooter - they are too dangerous. Where have you gathered that I do own one?

This what you posted.........

# 112 rockingbilly Old 27-01-2017, 11:17 AM
    MoneySaving Stalwart

The scooter when dismantled will still not fit in the boot space, hence why it has to go on the rear seat - it is not a hatchback but a saloon car that is fairly low.
  • Muttleythefrog
    bigbulldog wrote: »

MoneySaving Stalwart

The scooter when dismantled will still not fit in the boot space, hence why it has to go on the rear seat - it is not a hatchback but a saloon car that is fairly low.
    Perhaps he meant one of these
    1200px-Red_scooter_rider_Avenida_Do_Mar,_Funchal,_Madeira_Island.jpg
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • bigbulldog wrote: »

MoneySaving Stalwart

I still can't remember posting that. Yes we thought about getting a folding scooter for my wife but certainly have never bought one.
    If that is what I posted I don't know, maybe the medication or something. I can't even find the post you refer to on my log on this site.
  • Muttleythefrog
    I still can't remember posting that. Yes we thought about getting a folding scooter for my wife but certainly have never bought one.
    If that is what I posted I don't know, maybe the medication or something. I can't even find the post you refer to on my log on this site.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71998559&highlight=scooter#post71998559

Maybe you were talking in general terms.. but I'll try some of that medication if you don't mind ;)
  • CTcelt1988
    CTcelt1988 Posts: 257 Forumite
    I've said before, that Rockingbilly is a pure hypocrite. He was moaning on another thread how the welfare bill is getting too high and that PIP should only be for those in need, yet he claims DLA and gives it to his grandchildren.

Maybe it's a good thing he was turned down for PIP as he clearly doesn't need it.
  • CTcelt1988 wrote: »
    I've said before, that Rockingbilly is a pure hypocrite. He was moaning on another thread how the welfare bill is getting too high and that PIP should only be for those in need, yet he claims DLA and gives it to his grandchildren.

Maybe it's a good thing he was turned down for PIP as he clearly doesn't need it.

I'm sorry but you don't know what you are talking about.
    Since when does PIP hinge on whether you need the extra money or not?
    Yes I along with many others agree that not just the welfare costs in particular, but DLA in particular. I have made my point that what DLA ended up like was nothing like what the original intention for it was.
    Yes I do think that far too much money is handed out - Tax Credits in particular. Up until recently it was a question of 'how few hours do I need to work to maximise the amount I can get from the State'.
    Yes I also agree that PIP should be narrower in it's eligibility when compared to how DLA finished off. There is only a limited amount of money that could be spent. Maybe what is being saved could be better used to fund the NHS or Social Care. When looking at 'need' with PIP in mind, the 'need' factor has nothing to do with the money but more to do with the government accepting that those that are severely disabled should be recognised as such and be treated differently due to their vulnerability.
    I claimed DLA because I was entitled to claim it. The DWP considered my application and agreed and accepted that I was disabled. The consideration that was given was in the form of an automatic right to a Blue Badge and free car tax. That was all that was of interest to me and of course the government accepting my disabilities.
    Likewise with PIP, I claimed because I was invited. If the government eventually agree that I am disabled then I am happy. The financial aspect really has no bearing on what I made the claim for. It is a point of principle, not a point of trying to get more money.
    But to say that I am not, against all of the medical opinion that I sent them is, to me, a downright injustice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure