Sainsbury's to run Nectar 'double-up' promo next month - MSE News

Comments

• deejaybee
    deejaybee Posts: 885 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    MSE_Sarah wrote: »
    We've just added this update into the story:

Sainsbury's has today confirmed (16 October) that for the first time, you can spend up to £200 double-up vouchers in ANY of the 11 selected categories. You don't have to choose a category in advance, as in previous years.

My OH picked up a Double-Up leaflet today.

Reading the T&C

(14) Only £200 worth of Nectar Double Up vouchers will be issued per Nectar Card during the promotional period.

Thats disappointing as i have £165 worth of nectar points and was planning to double-up all of them :(
  • There seems to be quite a lot of issues with this years double up event:

1. The T&C page hasn't been updated to 2018. It still shows last year's stuff. A couple of links on Sainsbury's website were not working at all.
    2. The link for actually doubling it up online wasn't well advertised.
    3. When I finally managed to do it online, I was only sent vouchers for half the points. I redeemed 20,000 points and got vouchers for £100 posted to me.
    4. When I tried to contact Nectar, I was on the chat waiting list number 80! Took about 45 minutes and they said they are aware of this issue and will send me the remaining £100 vouchers before the event.
  • IM
    IM Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all.

Am I missing something here, or have Sainsos/Nectar messed up...?

I ordered two £50 vouchers and 10,000 Nectar points were deducted from my account - see copy 'n' paste from confirmation email below....

Reward Details
    Reward Supplier Sainsbury's
    Reward £50 voucher
    Quantity required 2
    Points required 10,000
    Total Points spent 10,000

However, the letter which arrived in the post at the weekend only has one £50 voucher.

Would they send them out separately? Certainly the way the letter is formatted/printed suggests that there is space for up to 6 perforated vouchers.

Given the small window to spend the vouchers, I don't just want to wait for Postman Pat to deliver the second voucher.
  • IM wrote: »
    Morning all.

Am I missing something here, or have Sainsos/Nectar messed up...?

Same thing happened to me. They have messed it up and they are currently bombarded with calls and chats.
  • I received this email today - the vouchers i ordered on 30th October haven't arrived yet.

Screenshot-2018-11-05-at-21-13-38.png
  • IM
    I received this email today - the vouchers i ordered on 30th October haven't arrived yet.

Screenshot-2018-11-05-at-21-13-38.png

Is that none at all that you've had - or just some, like me?
  • IM
    Thought I'd try a live chat to at least make sure the mistake is logged - but there was a 7 minute wait, and I'm supposed to be working.

Do we think there's actually a need to contact them, or if I were to eventually get through, would it be a case of "Yes we know and you're on the list to get sorted. If people stopped contacting us to tell us, we'd have time to fix the issue and get your missing vouchers out"?
  • saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    IM wrote: »
    Is that none at all that you've had - or just some, like me?

None at all.
  • saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Just been on live-chat.

Varun Bhola: There is a delay with the vouchers but you will get them before 11/11/2018

Varun Bhola: Please don't worry; you will certainly get them and if you don't get by 11/11/2018, our team will certainly do something regarding this for sure.

Varun Bhola: Either you will be awarded the voucher or the points would be refunded.
  • John1963
    John1963 Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Double-Up Issues

I rang them tonight as I mistakenly ordered £400(!) worth of vouchers on-line and today received two envelopes enclosing a single £10 voucher in each.

It seems as others have said that there are known issues and with missing vouchers and these are being sorted. I was also told that I would be getting another £380 worth, which is very good news indeed.

Has anybody else experienced similar with over-ordering vouchers, my mistake was thinking that I could redeem £200 worth of Nectar points, it was only after committing the second £100 order that I realised that the limit was £200 worth of vouchers.This may well turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure