Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Dgd has decided to go for a sleep over with the girls.
    So I am going to have an early night. I am shattered.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • surveyqueenuk
    surveyqueenuk Posts: 673 Forumite
    Options
    grey_lady wrote: »
    Presumably ds is looking at a short term prison sentence? Mooloo how the heck you can say 'Dgs3 is a handful as obvious he doesn't listen' i don't know, poor little boy has been neglected and abused, - how you can blame the girlfriend, the HV - everyone apart from ds i don't know - its disturbing.

That's a bit rotten. Of course the little boy has been neglected and it is obvious that this will manifest itself in challenging behaviour. Is Moo supposed to pretend to us all that DGS3 is a perfect little angel all the time? Of course not. It is perfectly OK to describe challenging behaviour as "a handful" (and is far more polite than some would say!)

What's not OK is tearing another woman down, a woman who is clearly at the end of her tether, because she dared to be honest about the realities of childrearing. That's something I find far more disturbing.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Today I am struggling.
    Dgd has gone out to play. I have been back to work (twice now), to bring back work and machines. I am slowly plodding when I would rather be sitting in the sun sipping a cold drink.
    I have been tearful all day. So it's a good job Dgd is out playing.
    Biggests husband has been round to see DS and the GF and told them that they have to get their act together and DS needs to get a proper job. That the house has to be sorted etc so that they can get the children back. ( I am not sure that will happen but they have to have some hope and an aim!) who knows?
    I am not sure if I know where my head is anymore.
    I feel like I have been hit by a steamrolller and my head is a cement mixer!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • CruisingSaver
    CruisingSaver Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    It isn't surprising that you feel tearful Mooloo, you've had one heck of a shock and it'll take you a while to fully come to terms with what's happened.

I hope you manage to get a bit of a break from sewing to enjoy this lovely weather x
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maybe DS might listen to Biggest's husband - a man in the family telling him what he should be doing ....but will he listen? Let's hope so.

In the meantime, Mooloo try and enjoy the good weather. What will happen, will happen in spite of however much you worry. Remember the first rule of first aid - before you help the casualties, make sure that you stay safe xxx
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No idea if there are any Pause programmes near you Mooloo (or near either of the twins) but it could be worth keeping an eye open.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,282 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    No wonder you have been tearful.
    Keep plodding xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Brighton_belle
    Brighton_belle Posts: 5,223 Forumite
    Options
    Not surprised you are tearful mooloo. Seems a reasonable response given what you've been through this week on top on already being stretched to the limit physically. Try to do what you can to nurture yourself.
    As Thorsoak say, what will be will be and the only person who can prioritise you to keep you well is you.
    Well done to Biggest's DH for stepping up.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I certainly have friends in the Mother's of Dgds school friends.
    Yesterday the near Neighbour was here. Tonight the mum we often see on Friday at the pub arrived with a picnic dinner and wine.
    Dgd played with the girls from yesterday for a while, although she never did stay at the sleep over as she was too sensitive. They left at 11.20 ish, just after I started to work.
    Then we had a call from our Friday Friends asking if she wanted to go and play, so I took her round and then came back to Sew.
    I watched or more correctly had some recorded programs on tv while I sewed.
    I went back to work twice for things I needed and am ok with sewing £152 worth of work considering I was feeling I was in auto pilot all day.
    I am getting messages from BF says that he only said good bye because he thought I wanted to hear it, that he thinks my teaching in Portugal plans might be worth investing in, and he thinks we will find our time.
    I wish I could believe him, but I am synical and think that he is just trying to keep me, dangling carrots.
    My soppy heart says after so long at least listen.
    The fire in my belly tells me too little too late, and he just wants me to be tied down to him one way or another.
    I don't want to be seen as an investment!
    That's not the relationship I thought we had.
    I am off to bed.
    My eyes hurt today.
    Night people, I truely Belief posting here has saved my sanity.
    X
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mooloo, you have so many "virtual" friends on here wishing you well.

All you can do now is keep going, and put DGD and yourself first. Tragic as the situation is, it's too big for you, you can't take on any more.

BF and his mind games are irrelevant compared to your family problems, put him to the back of your mind.

Wishing you all the very best and hoping you get through all this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure