Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• I agree dm, would rather someone else had bought it, but it has to be better than it going to the wall, I hope so anyway. Maybe he wants a fresh start with a respected brand?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Just got my £5 M&S egiftcard from Groupon for my purchase last week, check your emails.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I agree dm, would rather someone else had bought it, but it has to be better than it going to the wall, I hope so anyway. Maybe he wants a fresh start with a respected brand?

He has been trying to move up market for years according to reports and already owned 11% of the old House of F shares - he owns 29% of Debs and also shares in other high street brands apparently.

Anon
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Have H4lifax changed how they define different DDs to meet the reward t&cs? In the past 2 to T3sco bank were fine. I now have 2 to PO Savings and meet the deposit requirements but no rewards showing?

Thanks

Anon
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,984 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Anon wrote: »
    Have H4lifax changed how they define different DDs to meet the reward t&cs? In the past 2 to T3sco bank were fine. I now have 2 to PO Savings and meet the deposit requirements but no rewards showing?

Thanks

Anon

I have been remiss with getting 2 DDs on these accounts but have tried for this month using the remaining saving account with multiple DD draw in settign up one form my account and one from DWs so I will be able to let you know at the start of September.

I had a shock when I last logged into lloyds when I saw a large positive balance...for some reason my Scottish Widows pension fund has now turned up in in my lloyds online banking....

My DKs hfax savings accounts have turned up on my DWs online banking with transactions enabled even though I am the nominee. I wonder if I need compensating for this failure to protect mine and their interests by ensuring that only the correct person can withdraw funds....
    I think....
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,934 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    My DKs hfax savings accounts have turned up on my DWs online banking with transactions enabled even though I am the nominee. I wonder if I need compensating for this failure to protect mine and their interests by ensuring that only the correct person can withdraw funds....

I've had a nightmare with 3rd party mandates then showing up in my app. Someone needs to make the banks understand that most people only want 3rd party mandates to help out when things go wrong, not to have a daily transaction list that runs on and on. Now that kids use contactless for every little thing, the lists don't stop.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • It is absolutely lashing it down, along with lightning and thunder.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Pepsi Max 24 cans £6 in Mr T's :j:j:j
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    tweets wrote: »
    pepsi max 24 cans £6 in mr t's :j:j:j

1p cheaper in lydl :D
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    zippydooda wrote: »
    1p cheaper in lydl :D

Not got a Lydl so :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills