Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Comments

• zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    anselld wrote: »
    Scottish Power 2 weeks.
    Hi

From experience, my guess is that it's actually the third Friday (/first Friday after 13 days ?) after the reading is submitted, so it varies between two and three weeks depending on the day of submission .... payment to us is by BACS though, so there's no further delay in presenting a cheque to your bank which is a bonus.

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • System installed 7 July 2011
    Registered for FITs with Eon 14 July 2011
    Submitted Fits Reading 14 Oct 2011
    Email statement from Eon 17 Oct stating payment would be made with 11 working days
    Payment in designated account 27 10 2011
    Cannot complain about that..................
    3.995kWP SSW facing. Commissioned 7 July 2011. 24 degree pitch + Solar Immersion installed May 2013, after two Solar Immersion lasting just over the guarantee period replaced with Solic 200... no problems since
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    anselld wrote: »
    Scottish Power 2 weeks.
    Unfortunately they have a tendency to ignore the reading when you first submit it and you have to do it again, then another 2 or 3 weeks to get the payment.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    KevinG wrote: »
    Unfortunately they have a tendency to ignore the reading when you first submit it and you have to do it again, then another 2 or 3 weeks to get the payment.
    Hi

Phone it through ... they enter it directly onto their system and then tell you the BACS payment date .... no delay.

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • mickyduck
    mickyduck Posts: 334 Forumite
    emialed mine in to eon absolutly no problems as stated avove
    3.995kWP SSW facing. Commissioned 7 July 2011. 24 degree pitch + Solar Immersion installed May 2013, after two Solar Immersion lasting just over the guarantee period replaced with Solic 200... no problems since
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    zeupater wrote: »
    Hi

Phone it through ... they enter it directly onto their system and then tell you the BACS payment date .... no delay.

HTH
    Z
    I agree and I have taken to doing that now. BTW in case you've been paying over the odds to use an 0845 number, the number to use is 0141 568 6379.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • lanstrom
    lanstrom Posts: 204 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Gizmosmum wrote: »
    EDF - 4 weeks and still counting :(

EDF told me that they are still working on mid August applications so you still got a bit of a wait yet !
  • mdolan
    mdolan Posts: 48 Forumite
    Grrrr - bloody SSE.

System installed and active 19th July. ~850 units so I submitted my data via the webpage at the end of September (as instructed by the email announcing the all singing all dancing service).

After reading the info here I got a little worried and phoned the FITs team (08450 767634). After getting cut off twice I eventually got to speak to someone.

"I'm sorry but there are no notes on your account to indicate we have received a reading".

They are passing my details to the back office who promise to call me back "within next 3 days".

smiley-bangheadonwall.gif

Not a happy bunny.

So if you *only* used the web page (being dumb enough like me to believe SSE would have actually *tested* it), then I strongly advise you to phone. I'll post back when (if?) I get a response.

And if you do phone, be prepared for a long queue and also to be cut off a couple of times....
  • lanstrom wrote: »
    EDF told me that they are still working on mid August applications so you still got a bit of a wait yet !

EDF seems to be a company out of control. Their normal customer services team phone number (not FIT Green team) keep you waiting up to 30 minutes to talk to someone (their automated message says they are working on the issue - have been now for 3 months at least!

With regard FIT, I submitted my first reading at the end of September ( for generation that commenced in first week of June - I gad ro escalate things then as just before the end of Sep they still hadn't processed my FIT application!). They say payment can be up to 90 days (which could mean between Christmas and the New Year).

Just phoned them and they say we should receive payment by mid-November. That will be nearly 8 weeks since they received the reading. It is EDF just hanging on to money.

How come some companies like E.on can pay out in 2 weeks and EDF can't?
  • I signed up with SSE on 21 July 10 and subsequently received an email from them saying payments would be made within 65 working days.
    I consider 65 days to be grossly excessive and have issued SSE with several letters of complaint. SSE in reply say theyre working hard to reduce the payment period. However they give no details of when this might happen.

I'll probably take this issue up with OFGEM - will keep you posted
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure