Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jellybaby1968
    • By jellybaby1968 6th Feb 17, 8:56 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 4Thanks
    jellybaby1968
    DSAR - Barclays Bank
    • 6th Feb 17, 8:56 AM
    DSAR - Barclays Bank 6th Feb 17 at 8:56 AM
    Can someone please confirm what the most up-to-date address is for sending a DSAR in relation to a Barclays Bank account and a Barclaycard?

We did complete the online request form on their website over a fortnight ago - should we have received an acknowledgement of some sort, and a request for the obligatory £10 or do we just wait the 40 days?

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!
Page 1
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 6th Feb 17, 9:07 AM
    • 7,603 Posts
    • 4,835 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 6th Feb 17, 9:07 AM
    • 6th Feb 17, 9:07 AM
    Can someone please confirm what the most up-to-date address is for sending a DSAR in relation to a Barclays Bank account and a Barclaycard?

We did complete the online request form on their website over a fortnight ago - should we have received an acknowledgement of some sort, and a request for the obligatory £10 or do we just wait the 40 days?

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!
    Originally posted by jellybaby1968
    I'm assuming you used the site below:

https://www.apply.barclays.co.uk/forms/subject-access-request?execution=e1s1

If so it clearly states

The fee for submitting a Subject Access Request is £10 and you can pay by cheque or postal order. After you submit your request, we’ll get in touch using the contact details you’ve provided to let you know where to send your payment.
    If you wish to write, the address is below

The Data Protection Team
    Block 12
    Barclays Bank PLC
    Radbroke Hall
    Knutsford
    Cheshire
    WA16 9EU

Cheque payable to Barclays Bank Plc
    • jellybaby1968
    • By jellybaby1968 6th Feb 17, 9:51 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    jellybaby1968
    • 6th Feb 17, 9:51 AM
    • 6th Feb 17, 9:51 AM
    Yes, we did use that site. Our concern is that we have heard nothing since submitting the form some weeks ago. Is this normal? Should we be a bit more patient?
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 6th Feb 17, 10:18 AM
    • 7,603 Posts
    • 4,835 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 6th Feb 17, 10:18 AM
    • 6th Feb 17, 10:18 AM
    Yes, we did use that site. Our concern is that we have heard nothing since submitting the form some weeks ago. Is this normal? Should we be a bit more patient?
    Pick up a phone and ring them, seriously, it's the only way you will find out.

They actually have 40 days to respond to a DSAR based on the ICO guidelines but if you haven't sent them a cheque there is no reason for them to start unless they're willing to do it free
    • sun73
    • By sun73 6th Feb 17, 6:04 PM
    • 449 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    sun73
    • 6th Feb 17, 6:04 PM
    DSAR Barclays Bank
    • 6th Feb 17, 6:04 PM

I also used that website request form last September, then November, no response. Sent a written DSAR mid December, still no response.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 6th Feb 17, 9:26 PM
    • 24,024 Posts
    • 13,424 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 6th Feb 17, 9:26 PM
    • 6th Feb 17, 9:26 PM
    Send them £10 with the following template;
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553
    • jimmy2007
    • By jimmy2007 7th Aug 17, 8:27 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jimmy2007
    • 7th Aug 17, 8:27 PM
    • 7th Aug 17, 8:27 PM
    does the postal order need to be addressed to anyone or blank? thanks
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 7th Aug 17, 8:30 PM
    • 24,024 Posts
    • 13,424 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 7th Aug 17, 8:30 PM
    • 7th Aug 17, 8:30 PM
    does the postal order need to be addressed to anyone or blank? thanks
    Originally posted by jimmy2007
    From a post earlier;
    Cheque payable to Barclays Bank Plc
    Originally posted by Nasqueron
    • jimmy2007
    • By jimmy2007 7th Aug 17, 8:32 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jimmy2007
    • 7th Aug 17, 8:32 PM
    • 7th Aug 17, 8:32 PM
    ok thanks so postal order addressed to the same as a cheque?
    • buel10
    • By buel10 16th Jun 19, 4:09 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    buel10
    How did you get on with this?
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 16th Jun 19, 4:49 PM
    • 7,603 Posts
    • 4,835 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    How did you get on with this?
    Originally posted by buel10

User Jimmy2007 has not logged onto the site since this post in 2017, how he got on with it is irrelevant to you. If you wish to do a SAR to Barclays, just send it, note now you no longer have to pay
    “the concept of a United States of Europe is right.” Winston Churchill 1930
    “I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community...” -Winston Churchill 1961
    “The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.”
    - Winston Churchill 1963
    • buel10
    • By buel10 16th Jun 19, 4:52 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    buel10
    how he got on with it is irrelevant to you
    And here is the perfect example of what I said about posters on this site in particular being widely known as rude....obnoxious, even.
    Thanks for proving my point, Nasqueron. Excellent stuff! You're the best!
    • societys child
    • By societys child 16th Jun 19, 7:39 PM
    • 6,257 Posts
    • 7,294 Thanks
    societys child
    And here is the perfect example of what I said about posters on this site in particular being widely known as rude....obnoxious, even.
    But it is irrelevant, even more so, as the post is almost two years old! I can see only one "rude" and "obnoxious" post on this thread . .

• buel10
    • By buel10 16th Jun 19, 7:49 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    buel10
    But it is irrelevant, even more so, as the post is almost two years old! I can see only one "rude" and "obnoxious" post on this thread . .
    Originally posted by societys child
    Yeah, side with the bullies, that's the way.

It is not 'irrelevant' to me because I am perfectly allowed to ask the poster a question so you are both completely and utterly wrong. Bullying does not wash with me, I'm afraid. Not in a million years.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 16th Jun 19, 7:56 PM
    • 24,024 Posts
    • 13,424 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    No "bullying" is apparent here.
    For some reason, this thread was "bumped" from two years ago and (due to GDPR and the OP long since retiring from the forum) is no longer relevant.
    • buel10
    • By buel10 16th Jun 19, 8:00 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    buel10
    No "bullying" is apparent here.
    For some reason, this thread was "bumped" from two years ago and (due to GDPR and the OP long since retiring from the forum) is no longer relevant.
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude
    Come off it, you know exactly what I mean - the 'irrelevant to you'. People are allowed to ask OPs about the outcomes of their threads, are they not??
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 16th Jun 19, 9:02 PM
    • 7,603 Posts
    • 4,835 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    Yeah, side with the bullies, that's the way.

It is not 'irrelevant' to me because I am perfectly allowed to ask the poster a question so you are both completely and utterly wrong. Bullying does not wash with me, I'm afraid. Not in a million years.

It is 100% irrelevant to you as your situation is nothing like this user, even if they were still active. When your account was opened/closed will be different for example, perhaps the OP was told there was nothing left because the account was closed 10 years ago, that doesn't mean you won't get any data, or the flip side, perhaps their account was still active and got data and yours was closed 6 years ago and they don't have anything left. The outcome of this DSAR has literally no impact at all on what you will get (or not). What were you planning on doing if they said there was no data left? Say some anonymous person on a forum got data and so they're lying to you? The format of the data he got (or didn't get) may well be different to yours, the accounts he had are different, the way they were opened was different.

In short, his situation is irrelevant to yours.

So as I said above, if you wish to submit a DSAR, then do it, it's now free. What happened with the OP is lost to the mists of time and would have had no impact at all on your case, why bump a 2 year dead thread to ask that?

Barclays allow you to do it online now, just fill in the form linked below

https://www.apply.barclays.co.uk/forms/gdpr?execution=e1s1

If you wish to deal with Barclays PPI, the link is below

https://www.barclays.co.uk/important-information/ppi/

Or if you need to speak to someone

024 7684 2100, open 24/7
    “I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community...” -Winston Churchill 1961
    - Winston Churchill 1963
    • buel10
    • By buel10 16th Jun 19, 9:19 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    buel10
    It is 100% irrelevant to you as your situation is nothing like this user,
    This is what you are having such a hard time understanding - my 'situation' is that I am interested. Period. I find it odd that you just cannot understand it. I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 17th Jun 19, 8:32 AM
    • 7,603 Posts
    • 4,835 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    This is what you are having such a hard time understanding - my 'situation' is that I am interested. Period. I find it odd that you just cannot understand it. I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.

And again, what the OP got (or didn't get) from Barclays has zero relevance to what you got.

Let's say OP replied and said he got a box of paper, what were you going to do with that information? How would that have any impact on your request from them?

Just send the DSAR, or don't, it's up to you
    - Winston Churchill 1963
    • buel10
    • By buel10 17th Jun 19, 7:29 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    buel10
    And again, what the OP got (or didn't get) from Barclays has zero relevance to what you got.
    Oh my GOSH, you still don't get it, do you??
    What on earth do you mean, 'what I got'? What thread are you looking at? I didn't 'get' anything? And from whom?
    For some reason, you are not understanding me - I am an interested party, that's it.
    You just cannot seem to fathom this??
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

83Posts Today

1,295Users online

Martin's Twitter