Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Andrea
    • By Former MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 1:23 PM
    • 9,418Posts
    • 22,338Thanks
    Former MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 1:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 1:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 8:51 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 226
    • hannahp
    • By hannahp 1st Jun 19, 6:52 PM
    • 835 Posts
    • 34,445 Thanks
    hannahp
    2 years waiting for TCB to get TUI to pay out the correct amount!
    As the title says I have been waiting 2 years for TCB to get TUI holidays to pay 4.5% cashback (the advertised rate) on a holiday costing in excess of £3000, the pay out I recieved was only 1% which I believe is the usual offering from TUI.

Despite repeated queries from me I am incredulous at TCB thus far having been unable to get the advertised payout rate and that they have allowed Tui to repeat the offer when they have any customers awaiting the offer being honoured !!!

Also the regular 'I'm currently chasing all outstanding claims' that are noted on my claim file are hilarious as I have had several of these over the 2 years and clearly the chasing has no effect !!!

I might understand if I was waiting to be paid out in entirety but its the incorrect amount that's getting me angry it's like one company or the other were hoping I wouldn't notice (or care) about the amount/percentage

This has undermined my confidence in TCBs ability to 'police' the offers as this dispute is not about tracking etc ( although I was strangely asked to verify these, even though I had already received a payment! )

It's about getting the correct amount, it's obviously very easy for TCB to check this!

So where is the problem?

Also is there actually anyone who does 'chase' problems and why are they not succeeding?
    Last edited by hannahp; 01-06-2019 at 7:11 PM. Reason: additional info
    Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.

• TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hey everyone,

@POPPYOSCAR – We do have on the front page a question that says ‘who provides the gift card’ we have put that We are working in partnership with Gift Cloud, who will supply the gift card to you. In addition, this is listed in the privacy and terms and conditions area of the site.

@hannahp – I do understand you are frustrated and I am sorry for the time this is taking.

We hold the member experience very close to our hearts and we have and do remove retailers that have no interest in fairness or coughing up the money.

That being said, we can’t confuse the above with the transactions where for one reason or another the tracking network does not believe we’re eligible for the cashback amount the member expected.

Whether this is because another site has been partly paid the commission or whether it’s something like the tracking network believes the order fits in a better category. When this happens it doesn’t affect all members and in fact a very small portion of this.

Just because it’s a small number of members, it doesn’t mean there is no urgency there but at the end of the day, we think it’s better than to be persistent than passive with situations like this.

We’re not going to just roll over and accept a bad response if we don’t think there are grounds to do that and while yes that does lead to a longer wait, we think that this is an important compromise we need to make.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 4th Jun 19, 10:01 AM
    • 29,740 Posts
    • 62,756 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I'm really PO'd.

I bought through Amazon nearly a month ago via TCB and have just reviewed the account - no credit whatsoever. But I did see a prominent message saying that my Grace Plus membership is coming to an end tomorrow. This is all a load of nonsense because its a site that hasn't worked for me full stop.

Saving money shouldn't require intense scrutiny!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    Hey @VfM4meplse,

Amazon only offer cashback on certain categories. These are outlined at the time of purchase on the retailer page.
    If the item you purchased comes under one of the categories listed, please submit an untracked cashback claim through your TopCashback account.

There can be a few different reasons why the transactions haven't tracked. The most common is that other cookies have gotten in the way.
    To help with this, we do advise to clear your cookies and cache before making your purchases.

Plus membership is an additional level of membership. You do not have to continue on this level if you don't want the additional perks this offers.
    Some of the perks include higher transaction top up, higher referral bonus and payout top up.

If you don't think that is for you, you can switch this on the membership page of your account. We can help further if you're not sure on how to do this.

You can reach out on a support ticket on your account, or send us an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk if you need any more help.

Best wishes,
    Kayleigh
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 4th Jun 19, 3:58 PM
    • 5,223 Posts
    • 10,914 Thanks
    minimad1970
    How long should it take for my car insurance to track? I used TopCashback Compare on 22/05/2109 and apart from showing on "Clicks to merchants" it's not showing on my account. Thanks.
    Hey everyone,

@minimad1970 - TopCashback Compare is slightly different to normal purchases and can take 60 days to track to your account. This is because people can ring up and edit quotes through it and still earn cashback.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 5th Jun 19, 4:17 PM
    • 5,223 Posts
    • 10,914 Thanks
    minimad1970
    Hey everyone,

@minimad1970 - TopCashback Compare is slightly different to normal purchases and can take 60 days to track to your account. This is because people can ring up and edit quotes through it and still earn cashback.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    Thanks Matt. I just wanted to make sure as I lost out on quite a large sum of money because I didn't query my missing Curry's cashback soon enough.
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 5th Jun 19, 4:38 PM
    • 12,450 Posts
    • 27,557 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    Hey everyone,

@POPPYOSCAR – We do have on the front page a question that says ‘who provides the gift card’ we have put that We are working in partnership with Gift Cloud, who will supply the gift card to you. In addition, this is listed in the privacy and terms and conditions area of the site.

@hannahp – I do understand you are frustrated and I am sorry for the time this is taking.

We hold the member experience very close to our hearts and we have and do remove retailers that have no interest in fairness or coughing up the money.

That being said, we can’t confuse the above with the transactions where for one reason or another the tracking network does not believe we’re eligible for the cashback amount the member expected.

Whether this is because another site has been partly paid the commission or whether it’s something like the tracking network believes the order fits in a better category. When this happens it doesn’t affect all members and in fact a very small portion of this.

Just because it’s a small number of members, it doesn’t mean there is no urgency there but at the end of the day, we think it’s better than to be persistent than passive with situations like this.

We’re not going to just roll over and accept a bad response if we don’t think there are grounds to do that and while yes that does lead to a longer wait, we think that this is an important compromise we need to make.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    Sorry still not convinced.

I know I am repeating myself but the email containing the gift card is headed Topcashback with your usual logos and it tracked immediately so what reason can there possibly be for it tracking at 0.00 and not being payable?
    Hey everyone,

@minimad1970 – Glad I could help and advise you with this 😊

@POPPYOSCAR – I am sorry you remain not convinced, I have given you as much info as I can about this. We’re not the retailer and we weren’t the one to decide we’re not eligible for the commission and so we need to go through the claims process.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • oteesdale2000
    • By oteesdale2000 8th Jun 19, 7:56 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    oteesdale2000
    Missing Cashback Claims
    Hi All,

I have also experienced issues with cashback claims.

After purchasing a bed from Carpetright over 2 years ago, I was expecting cashback of £107, after it appearing in my account as pending I assumed after a few months it would all go through... It never reached that stage and after multiple exchanges with a member of the Topcashback team I was always given the same response.We only purchased the bed from Carpetright because of the Topcashback deal.

More recently i have had the same issue with a TUI purchase for £78.48 and Expedia for £111.75 both claims are now 'Waiting for Retailer'. I cant help but feel these will go the same way dueto them being a higher value claim and again i only booked with Expedia due to the cashback offered but could have got a slightly better deal elsewhere if i knew this wasnt going to be paid.

I seems to always have issues with the higher value claims, and annoyingly get the same response from staff.
    • stemcgoo
    • By stemcgoo 9th Jun 19, 5:59 AM
    • 115 Posts
    • 264 Thanks
    stemcgoo
    Hi All,

I have also experienced issues with cashback claims.

After purchasing a bed from Carpetright over 2 years ago, I was expecting cashback of £107, after it appearing in my account as pending I assumed after a few months it would all go through... It never reached that stage and after multiple exchanges with a member of the Topcashback team I was always given the same response.We only purchased the bed from Carpetright because of the Topcashback deal.

More recently i have had the same issue with a TUI purchase for £78.48 and Expedia for £111.75 both claims are now 'Waiting for Retailer'. I cant help but feel these will go the same way dueto them being a higher value claim and again i only booked with Expedia due to the cashback offered but could have got a slightly better deal elsewhere if i knew this wasnt going to be paid.

I seems to always have issues with the higher value claims, and annoyingly get the same response from staff.
    Originally posted by oteesdale2000
    Same thing for me. Two cruise purchases (Royal Caribbean), one now nearly three years old, the other 18 months, so circa £100 Cashback each.

Topcashback are useless with slopey shoulder responses all meant to placate me with how good they are because they haven’t CLOSED MY CLAIMS...

Having learn d my lesson not to use Topcashback anymore, I use either Quidco or ShopperDiscountsandRewards (Complete Savings) and I have not had any problems with Cashback from either. (SDR give better % for P&O cruises, I use Quidco for Royal Caribbean)

Why is it therefore only TCB seem to have a problem paying out?
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 10th Jun 19, 8:25 AM
    • 7,802 Posts
    • 9,840 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    Newest retailers and Recently updated retailers had been for a long time at lower part of home page, For a while now I have been unable to see these categories.

I doubt if I was only person who regularly checked these categories, can I be pointed in direction of where they are please and ideally can these categories be put back in prominent place.
    Hey Everyone, hope you had a great weekend

@oteesdale and @stemcgoo

I am sorry that you have issues with transactions not progressing or tracking.

If a transaction is pending we would need to allow the network to pass the confirmation of cashback to us so we can progress this further. If your transaction is still pending it would mean that we have not received this yet but hopefully we will soon.

If you do have to go through the claims process we would need the retailers network to review the claim and formulate a resolution in order for the team to pass this to you and get the claim resolved. I can assure you that the amount is not taken into account and that the network would just be checking our eligibility and if terms were met when reviewing the claim.

The amount in spend or the amount in cashback is not taken into account what so ever when going through any cashback process and we would do everything we can to get things resolved for you.

Tracking would be the same with other sites as we do use the same tracking networks. We do always pass on 100% of cashback we receive from the networks and we would also mention that the claims process would also be the same.

@bristolleedsfan

To be able to find all new offers and retailers please visit the help page here https://www.topcashback.co.uk/Help

and in the right hand column you should see "Newly added offers" which should then take you to the section you are looking for.

Best wishes

Phil
    Last edited by TopCashBack Company Representative; 10-06-2019 at 3:24 PM. Reason: another question was asked and another answer needed to be added
    • littlelaura23
    • By littlelaura23 16th Jun 19, 11:02 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    littlelaura23
    Waiting 20 months for cashback
    Hi, I bought a holiday fromTUI via topcashback on 19 Oct 2017, and I am still waiting for the correct cashback. Should have got 5% ( £71.40 ), but it only tracked for1%.
    I contacted topcashback the DAY after I made the purchase but just keep getting the irritatingly standard responses such as "we are sorry for the delay".. but not getting any further. .. .
    Please can you respond. This is taking such a long time, and while I did not buy the holiday relying on getting the cash back, it did make it a bit better value. And now, I no longer have a job, I would really appreciate the money I feel am owed via topcashback.

Please respond

(Also I haven't read the thread yet, but will read to see if many others are having issues with topcashback and or TUI purchases via topcashback

Thanks
    Laura
    • Andersonmam
    • By Andersonmam 16th Jun 19, 7:40 PM
    • 142 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Andersonmam
    What is the claims record?
    I'm not sure if it's been asked before but what is the longest claim with TCB? I thought my ongoing for 18 months claim was way too long, though see from recent posts that people have claims dating from 2 years ago. Mine is for a relatively small amount compared to others (the transaction tracked but not as a new customer with higher cashback offer) but I made the claim on principle. Despite regular 'nudges' all I ever get is a standard, monthly message that doesn't reassure me at all and there's no resolution in sight. Surely there's got to be a limit, or do TCB just hope you'll get fed up and close the claim?
    Hey everyone,

@littlelaura23 – If this is confirmed at the wrong rate please lodge a claim so we can get this looked into. Generally, it does take 12-16 weeks to hear back but we will press and as soon as we get an update we will be happy to share this with you.

@Andersonmam – While I can’t discuss information about other people’s length of claims we wouldn’t keep a claim open unless we thought we may be able to get the cashback.

I appreciate the longer the claim, the more likely the member will be sure to reach out and try and get an update. At the same time, the longer a claim goes on for, the more we push to get a response for you. We hate to see you waiting but we’d hate you to miss out on cashback ,if we could obtain it more.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • Mr Jones
    • By Mr Jones 17th Jun 19, 7:36 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Mr Jones
    Top Cashback / Travel Experiences abroad
    How can you use cashback from Top Cashback to purchase travel experiences deals for example day trips on holiday at a cheap / cheaper rate than just taking the cash and purchasing ?
    Hi Everyone,

@Mr Jones - I think you may benefit from our Reward Wallet feature, with this you can exchange your cashback for vouchers with companies such as Virgin Media Experience Days with an added bonus.

You can find the reward wallet on your account page, there will be a link for "Reward Wallet".

Best Wishes,
    Jamie
    • diamond dave
    • By diamond dave 19th Jun 19, 1:05 PM
    • 677 Posts
    • 389 Thanks
    diamond dave
    minimad1970 I wouldn't hold your breath on this tracking. I have had 2 or3 tcb compare insurance turned down for some reason. Recently my wife did another policy and despite showing on clicks to merchants, it hasn't tracked nor I suspect will it. I always clear cookies, buy immediately, retain all info. etc but it never tracks. Don't know what I can do to get cb from tcb.
    Hey everyone,

@diamond dave - sorry to hear you are having issues with tracking. It may be worth trying to use one browser for our cashback and your standard browser for everything else just to help separate things.

Best wishes,
    Matt
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

76Posts Today

1,777Users online

Martin's Twitter