PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 14th April 2018

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Comments

• ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 April 2018 at 6:32AM
    Morning and thank you for starting the thread Hollyharvey. I hope that you have been able to get back to sleep.

My plan for tiday is a belated Friday Tidy and at some point I need some embroidery thread, other than that it is just scrubbage.

I'm trying to work myself up to cleaning tge oven, a horrid task.

I see now that you are not asleep Holly. I hope that your surgery visit today is supportive. A shame that you can't spend this weekend with your family but at least that will be something to look forward to and meantime, we will be here for you xx

I've put the oven shelves in tge bath with warm water and bio washing powder, should make the scrubbage a bit easier. It is tge actual oven that daunts me. I have some nasty oven cleaning stuff but it smells so horrible, I don't want us breathing that in.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone

hollyharvey - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light but cloudy still damp and laying water - hoping that the land will start drying up as the forecast looks a bit more positive.

DH and I up and enjoying first peaceful cuppas, I'll be heading to the SM first thing as didn't shop yesterday due to staying in waiting for the delivery of my new f/freezer and removal of the old one. This all happened early in the 3 hour slot and the delivery guys were brilliant organised what they were doing in and out in less than 15 minutes - even though it's a really tight space no messing about. But I have practically no fresh food.

Dinner last night was lamb shanks, roasties, carrots and brocolli and gravy. Cake for dessert. Tonight's dinner will be sorted when I shop this morning.

I did get the ironing done and more loads of washing, still more to go which I continue with today.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning all.

Still in bed! It's bright and damp in Glasgow, yesterday the rain never stopped all day.

I slept deeply again, no dreams, or at least none that I remember.

My time reading yesterday was so lovely, I managed to finish the book and can now move onto another from the pile.

Happy Saturday to everyone.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

The weather is just bleurgh, damp and slightly foggy. Like Gers, it rained all day. Bedding in the machine, it can hang indoors.

Had a good catch up with a friend yesterday for coffee then sorted some stuff from the loft. I was going to sort through old photos but it's too big a job!

I'll go for a swim in a while then I have an afternoon tea with friends at 2pm in Glasgow, quite looking forward to it although it's not good for the diet!

Hope you are all well, where's tru?

Take care. XX
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thank you for starting us off Holly. Sorry you can't spend time with your family this weekend.

Looks nice and sunny, so think a short walk and some time in the garden is the plan for today.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Bit dull here at the moment but we are forecasted sun for later, smashing :)

The bed needs changing today so hopefully the sheets will dry on the line, we have taken the duvet off and are back to two blankets, with a throw on top, which is plenty warm enough.
    Hopefully I will be able to get out in the garden for a while to have a tidy up this morning, I want to sort through my pots etc and start planning for summer bedding. This afternoon I will ride Lu as she has had a couple of days and we could both do with the exercise!

Have a good saturday, take care folks x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all,

Beautiful sunshine! Hope it lasts cause I got rained on taking the hounds for their walk yesterday. It's so difficult walking 2 at once. Ginge hates walkies and I have to drag her, yet Blackun pulls. Raring to go.

Grump is Ill. It's like the cold he had a few weeks back has returned and he's only been back in Wales 3 weeks. Wales doesn't suit him at all! Meanwhile, he's lying in bed beside me looking at cars on a dealer website.

Not sure what today will bring. A trip to the vets to pick up Blackuns medication is a must cause they aren't open Sunday's.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Foggy here atm but meant to be a nice day later on. We need to have a quick clean through this morning and then I might need to run a top back to Mr T which I bought yesterday but is too big, I also bought a pair of shorts for our holiday which I am getting excited about now.

The top was for a friends baby's baptism which is today and tbh is the last thing I want to do, I not a church person by any means, the family are catholic but never go to church at all apart from to bet babies baptised or to bury people, it seems a bit farcical to me, hopefully It wont be an all day job.

Dinner tonight will be some prawns and salmon with a creamy dill sauce and a vegetable gratin there will be wine too, I love a nice dinner on a Saturday.

DD and boyf have the mortgage man this morning and are then coming to the baptism with me as it was a woman dd and I worked with.

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Holly, sorry that your weekend trip has had to be postponed hope you can make it another weekend, it will do you good. Please try and eat something nourishing, even if its something simple like poached egg, cheese or beans on toast.

Sun is out and its not as cold as it has been. The small patio was laid yesterday, I have to borrow DD2's pressure washer to clean the moss off the side path and the mud off the slabs, they have been reclaimed from a previous job. The railway sleeper needs to be done with preservative, I think I am going to paint it green. The grass behind the sleeper needs to be lifted a bit so that a job for later.

I am going to spend an hour in the garden this morning sorting out the stuff thats been dumped at the back of the bungalow and also re-connect the hose to the outside tap. I will then give it a sweep. We are going to be out tomorrow morning but might manage an hour in the afternoon. I need to start weeding the herbaceous border, I have plants to go in. I noticed yesterday that the lupins were coming through, so need to cut up a couple of plastic bottles to make collars so the slugs cannot get to the new growth.

OH will potter in the shed and do a couple of light jobs that do not involve him bending down.

Supper tonight, all day breakfast and the last of the jelly. Will sort out fruit to make a crumble for tomorrow, have apples and blackberries in the freezer.
  • newroadahead
    newroadahead Posts: 1,184 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning All

Sorry that you are having all these problems Holly I really feel for you and as other have said seeing your brother next week will give you something to look forward to.
    They also say we may have a mini heatwave but I guess we will have to wait and see if that's true.:shhh:
    Judi I hope you are ok after your fall

((((((Hugs)))) to everyone who is not doing so great at the moment.

Looks like the bright thing in the sky is here this morning which is lovely as I want to do some washing and get it on the line. I got DH to get the suitcase down the other night with my summer clothes and have been trying some on to see if they fit for our holiday..... and surprise surprise they do so i am pleased.:j:j I am going to get my self a few new t-shirts but the vest tops, crop trousers etc all past muster.

I don't know if it is just me but t-shirts don't seem to last as well as they did or keep a good shape

I realised looking back through last week's posts that I forgot to say where we are going... Mexico and I am really excited:j:j

Spoke to DDad last night I am having a weekend at home to try to get myself sorted and will see him next week, it's only 5 weeks until he goes away on his holiday and he is getting prepared. He flies on a Wednesday so I will go up the weekend before to make sure he has all he needs. He is ex forces so his packing will probably be better then mine.:rotfl::rotfl:

Have a good weekend all

NRA XXXX
    NewRoadAhead Debts Sep 2009 £35,000.00Debt Free November 2014January GC £ 245.75/£250NSD January 13/10February GC £250.00NSD February 2/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure