PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,683 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Out for a long, lazy lunch at our fav restaurant - DH!!!8217;s Valentines gift to us :)
    He's a keeper. ;)

I'm doing braised steak with onions.
    Thinking about following the ingredients for the Hairy Bikers recipe but doing it in the slow cooker.
    Will serve with mashed potato and savoy cabbage.
  • Think we're going walking today and will get some lunch out and I have a big pot of Paprika Beef Soup simmering away on the hob this morning making the house smell gorgeous. We'll have some of that with plain yoghurt and chopped gherkins for supper and probably some fresh fruit afterwards, Cup of black coffee to finish.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Griddled spare rib pork steak, sprouts, root veg mash and gravy.
  • Sunday roast but with a pork chop for DH, I'll just have the veg.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    When we ate at a carvery the other day I had roast gammon and roast turkey, it was lovely, have been out and bought a gammon joint and will have roast gammon with mash and parsley sauce and the usual veg. I am fighting off the cold that OH has had and been "nice hungry" for the last few days:)
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • We had ham salad sandwiches for lunch, followed by a hm fruity flapjack and tonight's dinner will be hm chilli from the freezer on a jacket spud.
  • Witless
    Witless Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The works!

Roast beef, mashed & roast potatoes, Brussels, broccoli & peas.
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Homemade Lamb tagine with shop bought flatbread and vegetables.

Homemade sherry fruitcake

Homemade leek and potato soup

Also rendered the lamb fat and froze it.
    Lamb bones went into the tagine and then after frozen, ready to go to the foxes down at my mothers.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Tonight it was omg dinner! I didn't want what we had planned and we had been playing in the kitchen all afternoon making hm crumpets so...

I cooked some pasta, saut!ed mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and sweet corn that were hanging around in the fridge. Added the pasta and some green pesto. topped with shaved parmesan and torn basil leaves.

Omg dinner!
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Due to all these excellent threads ive been reading. I decided to do a store cupboard and freezer review. noticed some items to expire during February so we've had them, this weekend

Sat - Battered fish, mushy peas and sweet potatoes wedges
    Sun - Lamb shank, roast potatoes and mixed veg
    3-6 Emergency Fund, No96: £1,000 / £2,000 - House Deposit: £11,000 / £11,000 - Holiday Fund: £100 / £1,300 -
    June 2018 Grocery Challenge £61.59 / £250
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure