Spoilt Cake

Comments

• GlasweJen wrote: »
    The photos on the other web site say volumes. You paid £300 to a hobby baker who it appears drove the cake already assembled to the venue, no wonder it collapsed! Aside from the cake collapsing the icing looks awful and the finish is unprofessional. If that was my cake I'd be raging.

Sorry, where is the website/link with pictures of the cake, please?
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    My plan is to post Facebook, Google etc. reviews if we can't come to a satisfactory outcome but wanted to see what she suggested first of all.

Malicious. You'll essentially blackmail her if you don't get your way.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Sorry, where is the website/link with pictures of the cake, please?

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/general-chat/spoilt-cake/441237.html
  • GlasweJen wrote: »
    T
    At the end of the day this is the difference between hiring a professional and hiring someone who does it for a hobby.

Yup, as Red Adair said, if you think it's expensive hiring a professional, just wait till you hire an amateur.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    How many threads about this are we up to, is it three or four now?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 June 2017 at 3:02PM
    thorsoak wrote: »
    You paid cheap - you got cheap.

This sums everything up. Just seen the pics on Y and YW. Amateur job, amateur price. Unfortunately, you chose the wrong maker, with your eye on price, and they in turn over estimated their skills. I would say 50/50 split of money.

I do think you are still over exaggerating the problem. A few cut flowers would have completely disguised the problem I reckon.

End of thread.
  • IAmWales wrote: »
    Malicious. You'll essentially blackmail her if you don't get your way.

You took the words right out from my keypad.

At this point I lost any sympathy I had for the OP
  • I do think you are still over exaggerating the problem. A few cut flowers would have completely disguised the problem I reckon.

End of thread.

A few cut flowers?? The bluddy leaning tower of Pisa's less pished than that cake :rotfl:

Hey OP, is the cake-maker Italian by any chance.. could be something subliminal going on there :D
  • A0503
    A0503 Posts: 90 Forumite
    I'm really surprised at some of the responses that say 'its just a cake', let it go. Its not just a cake, its £300!

It doesn't matter what it is - if you have paid money for an agreed service and the service you receive is unsatisfactory then you should raise it. The cake maker is unprofessional and lazy. £300 is a lot of money and for that cake I would be asking for a full refund too. It isn't what was agreed, there was no customer service or care and I would also be tempted to publish the pictures and make others aware! She shouldn't be running a business and charging people money if she can't provide the goods.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    A0503 wrote: »
    The cake maker is unprofessional and lazy. £300 is a lot of money and for that cake I would be asking for a full refund too.
    The cake maker is an amateur home baker though so 'unprofessional' by definition. OP's wedding guests still ate the cake so why on earth should they get a full refund? You can't have your cake and eat it, as they say.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure