First Direct Current Account Switch Blagged Deal

Comments

• Doodlebug5
    Doodlebug5 Posts: 86
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'm just waiting for my payment. I've had the account two weeks they have closed my previous account and now am just waiting till I get paid and they should then pay me the bonus
  • Both my wife and I had to chase them for our incentive to be paid after the 28 days
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    MSE_Ryan wrote: »
    Newbies to First Direct* can now, via our link, get £125 to switch to it (£100 direct).
    Why the asterisk? They normally mean something or they refer to something lower down the page.
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    You can't get the switching bonus if you've ever held an account with First Direct before

under the asterisk so pretty clear
  • isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Biggles wrote: »
    Why the asterisk? They normally mean something or they refer to something lower down the page.

Asterisks mean that it's an affliate link that pays MSE a commission.
  • I got my payment 2 weeks after my balance exceeded the required amount to qualify for the reward. Was very happy!
  • Malc8519
    Malc8519 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Does anyone know if it is worth switching current accounts now for the extra £125 bonus, or wait until after the tax year, next month, to see if the bonuses will be better ?
  • ericlered
    ericlered Posts: 17 Forumite
    Malc8519 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it is worth switching current accounts now for the extra £125 bonus, or wait until after the tax year, next month, to see if the bonuses will be better ?

I don't think banks base their switching offers on which tax year it is. I'd get it done the sooner the better if I were you (FD offer ends midnight on Monday 27th, after this date their may be no bonus on offer at all, who knows!)
  • binaryuniverse
    binaryuniverse Posts: 906
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 25 March 2017 at 10:12AM
    Anyone know if I'll get an instant decision, applying today, or shall I leave it until Monday?

Edit. Yes, I got an instant decision. Turned down. Not for the first time from FD either. It's almost as if they don't want my money.
    We're sorry but we can't approve your application as you didn't meet our account opening criteria.

Please be assured that your request was fully assessed in accordance with first direct's credit scoring and current lending practices. Our decision is not based on adverse information provided by a Credit Reference Agency.

I guess wanting to pay in my salary is not enough.
  • avian946
    avian946 Posts: 21
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    does anyone know how long the £1000 has to be in the account to count as part of their criteria for getting the £100 bonus? my plan was to have my salary put into this account and then move it out 2 working days later.
    LBM 01/12/2015 (roughly) | Debts at Highest £9128.00 | Current Debt £0.00!!!!!:beer::j:money:

DEBT FREE DATE 01/01/2018

MFW Journey | 08/03/2019 - £60,325.00 | Target MF date 08/03/2029
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family