Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,130 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Pooky wrote: »
    How much are you looking to spend? What sort of things does she like/do?

Both my mum and MIL turn 70 this year, I've not got a clue what to do for either of them.

As little as possible :o
    But they are very generous to me.
    They are vèry busy and still working.
    They are open to everything.
    They love family and friends.
    Very drawn to alternative therapies.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    So some small running repairs have been made to my beloved conservatory.
    More needed but will wait a wee while for them.

In other house/conservatory news the two very badly blown windows will be hopefully finally be done at the end of next week :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,235 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Great news on the repairs. Re the present how about a Groupon type voucher for a facial or similar beauty treatment or afternoon tea?
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    ooh hadent thought about an afternoon tea voucher.
    Thanks SA :) xx

• Spring bulbs in a nice container? A container with some mini toiletries in? A packet of posh tea with a nice mug?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,564 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Book or garden centre voucher for friend maybe.

Hope you've enjoyed the big yellow ball in the sky :T
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    milann wrote: »
    Book or garden centre voucher for friend maybe.

Hope you've enjoyed the big yellow ball in the sky :T

I have.
    A tad windy!

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    beanielou wrote: »
    Oh & can you lovely people help?
    Looking for suggestions for yet another birthday gift.
    For a lady going to be 70.
    A good & very dear friend.
    Tickets to a play or a magazine subscription.
    People have got the right idea when all the suggestions are about experiences, not things - consumables are fine, of course :)
    beanielou wrote: »
    So some small running repairs have been made to my beloved conservatory.
    More needed but will wait a wee while for them.

In other house/conservatory news the two very badly blown windows will be hopefully finally be done at the end of next week :j :j
    Ug, I need to do this - 3 windows are so badly blown, I can't really see out of them any more :o but now I've heard that the frames can be left in, and just the windows replaced, it seems doable - there's no reason to throw out the plastic frame, I think? Makes a difference to the cost.

Hope your day goes well, beanie xx
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    If it is any help my conservatory is wooden & they just take out the glass & put the new in. I had a couple of the panes replaced a couple of years ago.

• beanielou
    Hope you all had a lovely Friday.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback