Loan help

Options
Hello, looking to apply for a personal loan, however, I am a carer for my mum and this is my only involve as my husband has a well paid job. When applying do i include his money too on income? He gives me a set amount each week
Thanks
:)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It depends on what they ask you - your own income, or household.
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do you get any benefits,

How much is the loan your looking for.

How will you pay it back and how much money do you get from your husband. I wouldn!!!8217;t say you would class the money from husband as income
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Babycham06 wrote: »
    Hello, looking to apply for a personal loan, however, I am a carer for my mum and this is my only involve as my husband has a well paid job. When applying do i include his money too on income? He gives me a set amount each week
    Thanks
    :)

Your husband isn't your employer so no, you can't put down the allowance he gives you as an income.

If you are a carer for your mum I'm going to hazard a guess and say that you're being paid Carer's Allowance? If so, at roughly £65 per week, your chances of getting a loan on your own salary are slim to none.

How much do you need and what is it for?

Have you asked your husband if he would be willing to apply for a loan as a joint applicant?

Given your husband has a well paying job, can you not just save for whatever it is instead?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • mambo69
    mambo69 Posts: 451 Forumite
    Options
    Can your husband not just increase the allowance he gives you so you can save for this need?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ask your husband for the money, its beyond daft to pay interest on a loan and struggle if he has enough money that you don't need to. Seems like yet another situation like my neighbour where the husband has a ton of money, loads to spare and the wife is trying to get by on the pittance she has and struggles whilst he lives the life of Riley. Couldn't even begin to think of doing that to my wife. Time for a hard talk about marital finances.
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options
    Candyapple wrote: »
    Your husband isn't your employer so no, you can't put down the allowance he gives you as an income.

If you are a carer for your mum I'm going to hazard a guess and say that you're being paid Carer's Allowance? If so, at roughly £65 per week, your chances of getting a loan on your own salary are slim to none.

How much do you need and what is it for?

Have you asked your husband if he would be willing to apply for a loan as a joint applicant?

Given your husband has a well paying job, can you not just save for whatever it is instead?

That idea went out years ago!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport