GEMGIRL67 Posts: 186
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I am another one, who uses the green version as prefer it
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,770
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    And are dunstonh and I the only people who now read MSE on a monitor/laptop, rather than a tablet, and so appreciate the stretchy version? :D
    No
    tronator wrote: »
    I know how to change it back to the old version, but I wanna see what skins are available in the new version. Anyone?

One I prepared earlier :Dhttp://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74098090&postcount=190
  • southcoastrgi
    southcoastrgi Posts: 6,298
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I'm guessing this is the green version & I'm one of the 1000 users that think the new version is crap
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • JohnRo
    JohnRo Posts: 2,887
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Green here, the new version is just vile.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
  • Imma_Number
    Imma_Number Posts: 183
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    My 2p

I currently use "New Masthead, fixed width(recommended)"

The main thing I dislike about the Forum Default (aka the blue one) is the font is too thin (1 pixel thick lines on my display) making the page seem overly bright and I find I squint to read the font.

Having just tried the rest, I can see a place for Stretchy but I'm preferring the "less bright" variants over the standard green ones. Shame they're going :(
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,277
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    What no stretchy page? You mean it will be compulsory to have most of my PC monitor filled up with pointless white space?
    Nooooooo! Don't do it.

A major objective of HTML was to allow it to adapt to the screen size of the end user. The Blue version prevents that.
  • kidmugsy
    kidmugsy Posts: 12,709
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    No green, no kidmugsy.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • Ecky-thump
    Ecky-thump Posts: 119 Forumite
    I can see that this problem is not going to go away, or be solved. It reminds me of when I was on the BBC messageboard and they had decided to take it down, but, they did not announce it until they had had their fun, over a time, with altering the site to the disagreement of many. The format was changed, the system used was changed, the colour was changed - and then it was removed altogether.
    I do not think that this site is going to be taken down, but all this aggro does remind me of the BBC messageboard. And who knows where it will lead? I for one will not want to have any bother, as described here. Make of it what you will.
    In the meantime, I'm signing off from this discussion.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The blue version is simply unreadable by my eyes; like 10% of the male population I have colour-deficient eyesight. Unfortunately I don't believe it can be recognised as a disability otherwise we could use the disability discrimination act to get what we want and need.
    I use a desktop PC and sometimes a laptop, and am on the narrow green version. While I've often wondered about the waste of space I didn't realise the stretchy versions still existed!
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • Daydreamers
    Daydreamers Posts: 45 Forumite
    edited 6 April 2018 at 5:42PM
    I use the green skin and would prefer to keep using it.:)
    GC Challenge March £55.48/£200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport