Insuring a hoilday 13 months away.

Yesterday I booked a family holiday in a nationwide high street travel agents for May 2019. (Hoping to take advantage of the free child places; unsuccessfully I might add). I also paid for their travel insurance, knowing I have 14 days to reject it. I think £183 for a family's week in a Spanish resort is a little high, so I have been looking to buy insurance on line today. I cannot find a company that allows me to book beyond April 2019. Do you think this price is excessive? No pre existing mention conditions or anything.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    You are buying a policy today - for a holiday next year.

You put in the date of the holiday, not the date you want the policy to start (ie.to start today covering a trip starting on the date in May 2019 you leave)

A weeks trip should be much cheaper than £183 assuming no pre existing medical conditions, and you have a small party going
  • Archers_fan
    Archers_fan Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks Quentin. But when I try to put in the actual May/June dates of my holiday the online calendar does not go beyond April 2019.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Try somewhere else

eg money supermarket (not a recommendation, but you will be able to do what you want and get comparisons for a single trip in May 2019)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure