Dedicated phone/tablet for survey sites etc?

Have signed up to a couple of survey sites in the past but with little luck and just seem to get junk emails and advertising since.
Is it a good idea to have a totally separate phone or tablet for such things with different email and phone number? Although I would imagine you would have to keep your original email for registering PayPal?
Hoping to start a few more and make some money

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,881
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I haven't had any junk emails/advertising as a result of signing up to "legitimate" sites.

You can always add another e-mail address to your PayPal account so you don't have to stick to the existing one.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    ploppy57 wrote: »
    Have signed up to a couple of survey sites in the past but with little luck and just seem to get junk emails and advertising since.
    Is it a good idea to have a totally separate phone or tablet for such things with different email and phone number? Although I would imagine you would have to keep your original email for registering PayPal?
    Hoping to start a few more and make some money

I have received plenty of emails from survey sites, but not ones I would consider spam, and I am pretty sure you should be able to turn off the notifications (but then whats the point?)

I do not think having a dedicated phone or tablet would stop spam in anycase. If you want to use a different email, you can do that on an existing machine. Or set up a filter on your current email so all emails from, say, globaltestmarket, go into a specific folder.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • H1a3rt
    H1a3rt Posts: 30 Forumite
    I have two email address. One I use for friends, family, banking, sky, BT and other legitimate things. The other I use for signing up to any kind of site I expect to get spam from especially survey type sites, this way I do need to wade through tons of spam to find an email I am looking for.

I still check both email every day and I get around 50 junk email a day in tho the spam address (as I call it). I get zero junk on my other account.
  • You can get a free 0345 number that makes you a few pence when people call you just set one of those up and use that. Then if people do call you, you'll be happy to chat all day.

As for email, I registered a domain and i can have anything@domain dot co dot uk and forward them all to a Gmail account or one mailbox. If you get spammed you can block that one bespoke email.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure