Trading forums suck

lluzers
lluzers Posts: 133 Forumite
edited 7 October 2017 at 8:01AM in Savings & investments
95 % of traders lose, a google search will confirm this, they end up on forums as teachers to new traders, 95% club are the losers who hang around trading forums , forums are infested with losers who advise new losers on the forums.These losers have lost money , are unsuccessful , don't know how to trade successfully , are advising new forum traders on how to make money trading. The forums are the blind leading the blind.

Would you go to a school of failed people teaching others?

PHYLISS on youtube said it nicely "those who can do , those who can't teach".

Comments

• ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'd suggest you stop taking advice from people on the internet, even PHYLISS on YouTube :)
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    That's a lot of looses Lluzers!

Thankfully this is not a trading forum and we focus on savings and investments which over the long term are near certain to make healthy above inflation returns. Phew!
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    lluzers wrote: »
    PHYLISS on youtube said it nicely "those who can do , those who can't teach".
    I hope she didn't claim those words as her own, as they're widely attributed to George Bernard Shaw from 115 years ago, not that he used YouTube to disseminate them.... ;)
  • lluzers
    Alexland wrote: »
    That's a lot of looses Lluzers!

Thankfully this is not a trading forum and we focus on savings and investments which over the long term are near certain to make healthy above inflation returns. Phew!

If you understand trading psychology , that figure is most likely to be 99.9 % , since the other 4.9 % probably call their losses as long term investments , because these results are not declared to inland revenue . there is no gains.

95% figure only applies to 1 broker results , others go and lose again with other brokers.

99.9 % is most probable figure for traders , as opposed to long term investors who usually gain , if they have a lot of patience and good investment skills.
  • lluzers
    eskbanker wrote: »
    I hope she didn't claim those words as her own, as they're widely attributed to George Bernard Shaw from 115 years ago, not that he used YouTube to disseminate them.... ;)

You can apply similar statements to other areas of life

Those who can do who can't do coach sports , the ratio of successful coaches to successful sports stars is similar.
  • Flobberchops
    Flobberchops Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    So I can become a winner 95% of the time by hanging around trading forums and doing the polar opposite of whatever they suggest?
    : )
  • lluzers
    So I can become a winner 95% of the time by hanging around trading forums and doing the polar opposite of whatever they suggest?

This action would be like saying "what if I am running a marathon with 100 others , only 3 can win up to third place , but if you were do the opposite of the 97 % ".The 3 winners had an edge over the 97 % who lost.

Trading success requires a very selective approach in picking winners.
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lluzers wrote: »
    95 % of traders lose,
    But each trade is a zero sum game, one winner and one loser, so if 95% of traders lose, the other 5% must be doing a lot of business, and winning mightily. Or do the losses come from the trading fees, and it's the brokers who win?
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • lluzers
    Eco_Miser wrote: »
    But each trade is a zero sum game, one winner and one loser, so if 95% of traders lose, the other 5% must be doing a lot of business, and winning mightily. Or do the losses come from the trading fees, and it's the brokers who win?

The spread in trading is average 1% for ordinary public , stamp duty is 0.5% , books /education /mentoring /signal service /advice , trading courses , interest costs , mistakes (most traders make mistakes ) , overnight interest expense is where brokers make money from share dealers and other expenses make is a negative sum game .

Money in trading is made by sitting patiently , avoiding taking 2495 trades and making money on the 5 trades out of a potential 2,500 trades every year.The other 5 % do very little business ,they certainly don't hang around noisy trading forums.The least you trade the more likely you will make money.
  • ChesterDog
    ChesterDog Posts: 1,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I like your last sentence.

That's the gem.
    I am one of the Dogs of the Index.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income