Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Comments

• lchappell
    lchappell Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi, I had a flight back from Perugia in Italy last year. It got delayed by 4 hours, due to the incoming flight being hit by lightening, so we had to wait for another plane to be sent over. My claim the other day got rejected by ryanair today.

The reason I made a claim, was that I saw Martin mention on TV, that you can make a claim on your flight not being made available at the time it should of. The fact the incoming flight that got hit wasn't my flight, but would have been my plane for the next flight, isn't our problem as such. and that there was no replacement plane available, causing the delay.

I'm unsure what steps to take next and if I'm correct in my assumption.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    what was your flight number and date?
  • lchappell
    lchappell Posts: 6 Forumite
    Flight number: FR4953
    Departure airport: Perugia Airport, PEG
    Scheduled departure time: Mon 15/02/16 11:45
    Arrival airport: London Stansted International Airport, STN
  • lchappell wrote: »
    Flight number: FR4953
    Departure airport: Perugia Airport, PEG
    Scheduled departure time: Mon 15/02/16 11:45
    Arrival airport: London Stansted International Airport, STN

It looks like it wasn't delayed by 3 hours (according to 2 ambulance chasing companies) so no claim.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It is not the departure delay but the arrival delay that counts
    scheduled time of arrival v's actual time of arrival. Often airlines factor in some buffer into the timetable and can make up time in-flight so delays reduce
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    EuClaim say there is compensation due €250 per passenger try bottonline and see what they say.
  • EuClaim say there is compensation due €250 per passenger try bottonline and see what they say.

It's telling me

Your flight had an arrival delay of less than three hours. To be entitled to compensation under EC Regulation 261/2004 your arrival delay must be three hours or more.

With a delay of more than two hours, the airline must provide you with food, drink and, if necessary, overnight accommodation. You can contact the airline directly for any claims in this regard.

So do Bott.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    EuClaim say it was delayed more than 3 hours are you putting in the correct date.
  • EuClaim say it was delayed more than 3 hours are you putting in the correct date.

Ooops. Right day/month, wrong year :o Sorry. I'd say less but I'd done it 3 times :eek:
  • spendingmad
    spendingmad Posts: 488 Forumite
    Hi All. My DH was travelling from Manchester to Boston with Virgin with a connection in JFK. His Manchester to JFK flight arrived on time but his JFK to Boston flight was delayed over 3 hours. It was purchased as one ticket. Can he claim?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback