Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    At least you weren't denied boarding ...
  • gill5blue
    gill5blue Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Vauban wrote: »
    I assume it's because premium club seats had facilities (such as seat width, pitch and legroom) that wasn't provided on the replacement plane.

Doesn't affect your claim in any way though - since as others have said you arrived less than three hours late.

thankyou for taking the time to answer,
    gill5blue
    pay all debts off 2023-No 30 paid £3340.45/£7941

• Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    MY wife said to me that we were going to make love for 3 hours I just missed going over 3 hours over by 2 hours and 58 mins, thereby missing out on compensation Damn it.

So you missed going over 3 hours by 2hours 58 mins,so you only managed 2 mins! you do not deserve compensation but your wife does:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Hi All, first post on here.

Quick question, regarding whether I would be entitled to request compensation.

On 27/06/2017, I was due to fly at 7:20pm with Thomson, from Tenerife south airport to London Gatwick. Upon arriving at the airport 5:20pm, we soon realised all hell had broken loose – A jet2 plane from Manchester had landed, burst tyres and had become immobilised on the runway, causing delays for the entire airport.

We eventually took off at midnight. Having read a few threads on here, am I right in thinking this is probably ‘extraordinary circumstances’ and therefore I’m not entitled to compensation? I mean technically it wasn’t Thomson’s fault?

Appreciate your thoughts.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You have answered your own question
  • Hi, can you share the number you called for ASL?
  • Hello, I flew with Ryanair stansted to venice and back, coming back 2nd june, when stansted got closed for bad weather. We diverted via Barcelona the next evening to get back. I put in my claim on the 5th June and nothing (it is 8th July). I have complained many times - all they have ever done is asked for my bank details, saying they were missing, but obviously they had them... they said seven days and it is over £200 as we had to get cab from hotel, train to pick up car as in wrong airport etc. They told me 7 days when making claim. How long do they take and can I now claim they are breaking any laws? (they treated us very badly - no food available for 12 hours, no-one told us why flight was cancelled and none of their staff available to rebook as they had gone home... queud for 3 hours until midnight and we were near the front of the queue!!!)
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    If Stanstead was closed due to weather and directly affected your flight, you won't be due any compensation under regualtion 261/2004.
    And please repost in Ryanair thread.
    Thanks
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • sara_d
    sara_d Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hello - Hoping someone can help. Alitalia agreed to pay 400 Euros for 5 people for a delayed flight back in Oct 2012, however, after providing my bank account details to them around 2 months ago (via Resolver) I haven't heard anything from them. I have emailed, called and even tweeted but nothing! I have escalated to CAA and Ente Nazionale per l'Aviazione Civile but both have said they cannot help. Any ideas as to what I can do to speak to someone and have they money paid? Thanks in advance
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    sara_d wrote: »
    Hello - Hoping someone can help. Alitalia agreed to pay 400 Euros for 5 people for a delayed flight back in Oct 2012, however, after providing my bank account details to them around 2 months ago (via Resolver) I haven't heard anything from them. I have emailed, called and even tweeted but nothing! I have escalated to CAA and Ente Nazionale per l'Aviazione Civile but both have said they cannot help. Any ideas as to what I can do to speak to someone and have they money paid? Thanks in advance

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39780604
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure