What shall I do with my cash?

Options
2»

Comments

• regularsaver1
    Options
    Nah they will probabaly just do it - but the websaver is not bad for instant access, seeing as you are looking to do that later anyway.

Branch would be best because you would then sign i suppose
  • Suzey
    Suzey Posts: 2,714 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmmm... not sure I agree with you there. The difference between interest at 4.75% and at 5.00% over a year on that amount is about £150! If I can move my money with very little effort to get a better rate I might as well...

Suze

Nah they will probabaly just do it - but the websaver is not bad for instant access, seeing as you are looking to do that later anyway.

Branch would be best because you would then sign i suppose
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Savings & Investments, Small Biz MoneySaving and House Buying, Renting & Selling boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the Report button, or by e-mailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • regularsaver1
    Options
    Yeah true - where di you say 5% instant access? Birmingham Midshires? - how do you operate it?

I know the monthly saver you have at the moment pays 5% but only one withdrawal
  • Suzey
    Options
    Other posters in this thread kindly recommended it to me - I'd personally operate it via the web, not sure if phone access is available also.

Suze

Yeah true - where di you say 5% instant access? Birmingham Midshires? - how do you operate it?

I know the monthly saver you have at the moment pays 5% but only one withdrawal
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Savings & Investments, Small Biz MoneySaving and House Buying, Renting & Selling boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the Report button, or by e-mailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • johnofhertford
    Options
    If you are a higher rate taxpayer then you might also like to consider putting some of your savings into premium bonds. Your capital is secure so the only risk is that you don't win enough prizes to keep pace with inflation or with the best deposit accounts, but the more you invest the more the law of averages will give you a decent chance of a reasonable return, and whatever you get is tax free.

If you're a basic rate taxpayer then it makes less sense.

More information from the National Savings website.
  • Suzey
    Options
    Thanks - will check them out! :D

Suze

If you are a higher rate taxpayer then you might also like to consider putting some of your savings into premium bonds. Your capital is secure so the only risk is that you don't win enough prizes to keep pace with inflation or with the best deposit accounts, but the more you invest the more the law of averages will give you a decent chance of a reasonable return, and whatever you get is tax free.

If you're a basic rate taxpayer then it makes less sense.

More information from the National Savings website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure