MSE Poll: Have you been scammed & did you tell anyone?

Options
Poll started 16 July 2019
This week two major new anti-scam ads initiatives launched on the back of Martin’s lawsuit against Facebook.

Scams are getting more professional, from phone calls pretending to be from banks to scam ads online. Have you been a victim and if so did you declare it?
Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Cliddy
    Cliddy Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    Bit confused about the definition of scammed on here. The number of people scammed and open about it implies to me that it's been interpreted as they have received a phone call/text/email. But not necessarily reacted to it and lost something.
    We've all received those surely at some time?
    If all these people have actually lost something, then the problem is bigger than I imagined.
    I responded that I hadn't been scammed, despite receiving probably "hundreds" of the above mediums. Mainly thanks to TalkTalk!!
  • NaughtiusMaximus
    Options
    Cliddy wrote: »
    Bit confused about the definition of scammed on here. The number of people scammed and open about it implies to me that it's been interpreted as they have received a phone call/text/email. But not necessarily reacted to it and lost something.
    We've all received those surely at some time?
    If all these people have actually lost something, then the problem is bigger than I imagined.
    I responded that I hadn't been scammed, despite receiving probably "hundreds" of the above mediums. Mainly thanks to TalkTalk!!

Indeed, currently around 40% of respondents say they have been scammed, I'd consider even 10% to be on the high side.
  • Cliddy
    Cliddy Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    How do I get full listing of responses? Each time I look all I get is my point and your response !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure