Hoover washing machine E03 error

Hi

washing machine gives E03 error. book says to check the filter, lots of water comes out, filter is clean, noting comes out from front drain pipe next to filter but filter full of water.

rear main drain looks ok, I can blow and doesn't appear its blocked, water comes out from it in the first half of using the machine.

washing machine is about 3 yrs old. hoover dynamic 8

so basically, the water fills up at the bit where the filter is, not sure what else to check, ive done every thing in the book including running empty machine at 90 deg clean cycle. same problem occurs.

There must be something blocked somewhere. its not completing the full cycle, once it stops and gives E03, we drain the water out, switch it off for 2 mins so we can open the door and then it works again but the problem repeats.

what else can I check?

Thanks

Comments

• EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Either the machine is not draining, faulty pump perhaps, or the machine thinks it's not draining which is a faulty pressure switch or blocked pipe to the pressure switch.

As you say you have to drain the water out it sounds like the former. So faulty pump or something in the pump jamming it. Find pump, remove, take apart & remove foreign body. Unplug first of course.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • Euphoria1z
    Euphoria1z Posts: 952 Forumite
    edited 11 September 2016 at 5:00PM
    thanks, how do I find the pump?

ok, ive found it, took it off, nothing jammed inside it, took of the rubber hose, again looks fine, the thing spins at the end also.

drain pipe not blocked. what else can it be?
  • how do I find the pipe to the pressure switch?
  • so just ran the machine again making sure there's no water in the filter first. after running the machine on the lowest time, about 20 mins, I checked the filter and its full of water. is that normal? im guessing its not, so its collecting water in the filter part.#

also opened the front drain pipe next to filter (just to see what happens during the cycle, ) and again water was coming out. is this normal?

the water drains out from the back fine and is not sitting in the drum but too much water going to the filter for some reason

Can any one advise what could be wrong now?

thanks
  • EssexExile
    The filter is normally full of water.

When you get the fault code is there still water in the drum? There'll only be a little with a modern machine. If there is still water then it's not emptying so the pump is the problem (probably). If it's empty then it may be the pressure switch. 15 years ago this would be a round thing at the top of the machine with lots of wires & a small plastic pipe that leads to the bottom of the drum. The pipe can block near the bottom.

It's really difficult to fault find over the internet!
  • but is the filter meant to be full of water after one short wash?

ive located the pressure switch, I just cant seem to take it out and check the pipe its connected to.

when the error code appears, the clothes are fully wet but the drum is not full of water.

the water is being drained so It might not be the pump?

appreciate your help.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Run the 90° wash again with the machine empty, but this time with ½kg of soda crystals straight into the drum. Always works for me.
  • EssexExile
    The filter is like the u-bend under the sink, always full of water. It's 15 years since I worked on washing machines so my advice is old. It could be some sort of electronic problem or the blocked pipe (try the soda crystals) or whatever else goes wrong with them nowadays. Unless someone has more up to date experience of that make (they all have their "favourite" faults) it's time to call a man! I'd pop round & look at it but you're in a land far far away.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    google find things on the white goods sites and often a manual with exploded diagrams to help identify parts.

sometimes better to use the full model No's.
  • well I've checked everything, cant find any faults, even managed to get to the pressure valve tube and blew down it (it was hard but air is passing ).

it seems to get to the end of its cycle and either before the spin or after it just goes to E03. The water drains fine and does not stand in the drum.

ill try the soda crystal method else might have to call someone out.

during all my experiments, ive found that half way through a cycle, if we let all the water out via the filter/front drain pipe, it then completes its full cycle.

Thanks all
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure