Anyone got a Mira Platinum digital shower?

We're redoing our shower and I'm thinking of fitting a Mira Platinum digital dual feed shower. The online reviews I've read have been mostly highly positive, with a couple of really dreadful ones. I was hoping some fellow MSE folks might have one and be able to give me a personal view on how they fare after being installed for a while.

Comments

• Dan-Dan
    Dan-Dan Posts: 5,272 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes i have
    Expensive, nice to look at but just as good out there for less money
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
  • Typhoon2000
    Typhoon2000 Posts: 1,122 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    We have 2 for the last year in daily use. Both have been fine. Have changed the batteries once in the remote controller.
  • chrisw
    chrisw Posts: 3,422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've had the pumped version for 6 years and it's been brilliant.

Customer services are great as well. If you need anything under warranty they just send an engineer out to look. The controller went funny on mine just after the 5 year warranty ran out, but the engineer came out, said yes it's broke, and handed me a new one.
  • Thanks guys, sounds like it's decent then!

I have seen a few less expensive digital showers, but I like the look of this one and also the wireless controller is something I'm really keen on.

What's your thoughts on the 360 shower head that comes with it? My only concern is that the bracket on the riser rail is fixed, so it looks like the angle of the water has to be controlled by tilting the inside of the head?
  • chrisw
    chrisw Posts: 3,422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What's your thoughts on the 360 shower head that comes with it? My only concern is that the bracket on the riser rail is fixed, so it looks like the angle of the water has to be controlled by tilting the inside of the head?

The head has 2 sides which flip over (and some edge sprays we've never used). I use one side as I prefer the even quantity of water but my wife prefers the flip side which has fewer but stronger jets.

Yes, the angle can only be controlled by tilting the inside of the head. Hasn't really been a problem though.

My daughter also has the dual one with the rain head which she raves about.
  • Typhoon2000
    Typhoon2000 Posts: 1,122 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

My bracket moves up and down the rail. There is no button, just a friction fit. Pretty much use the rainfall head all the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure