Got Judgment in Default, now what?

I took a company to court (MoneyClaim Online) and they have ignored the proceedings, so I have got judgment in default. I can see that they have significant revenues so there should be money in the bank account to cover a third party debt order. I have the name and address of their bankers (from their annual report). Two questions:

1. How long is it reasonable to wait before requesting a debt order? and
2. Is the name and address of the bank enough? I don't suppose it would be easy for me to get the sort code and bank account no.

Thanks.

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    How much do they owe? Depending upon the amount a bailiff or HCEO might be the easiest option.
  • Chomeur
    Chomeur Posts: 2,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    About £1,000.
  • waamo
    Chomeur wrote: »
    About £1,000.

I would go with an HCEO. It's usually the quickest and cheapest option. Effective too.
  • Chomeur
    Chomeur Posts: 2,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    waamo wrote: »
    I would go with an HCEO. It's usually the quickest and cheapest option. Effective too.

OK, thanks. I'm surprised by this though. Bailiffs have to actually go to the company's office, which will be time-consuming, and then what do they seize? Computers and office furniture I suppose. But how do they know that those belong to the company in question? They could belong to the landlord or to a parent company. It all seems so prone to complications. But if you say this is better, that's what I'll do.
  • Watch
    Cant pay we,ll take it away
    on spike channel.Youll get the gist of it .
  • waamo
    Chomeur wrote: »
    OK, thanks. I'm surprised by this though. Bailiffs have to actually go to the company's office, which will be time-consuming, and then what do they seize? Computers and office furniture I suppose. But how do they know that those belong to the company in question? They could belong to the landlord or to a parent company. It all seems so prone to complications. But if you say this is better, that's what I'll do.

If it's a business it's up to them to prove they don't own the stuff. They can't just claim it's not theirs they have to provide convincing evidence.

Once an HCEO (not to be confused with a bailiff) is unplugging the office computers it's amazing how companies suddenly find the cash.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure