Three cancelling my current contract

Options
I've been with Three for about 10+ years on the same unlimited data contract and been paying only £11 a month on a 30 day contract. I've had an email saying they're cancelling my contract and moving me to a newer one. I was always under the impression that they couldn't cancel the contract or change the terms of the contract. But I must have been wrong.

Annoyingly they're increasing my bill and reducing my data to 4GB allowance. The data is the only part of any contract I really care about. I would definitely go over 4GB data a month as I travel a lot around the UK.

What are my rights. Planning on ringing them and asking for my PAC code and see if they can offer me anything better. Looking on MSE there are plenty of other deals that are cheaper and offer more than the new contract they're moving me to.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've been with Three for about 10+ years on the same unlimited data contract and been paying only £11 a month on a 30 day contract. I've had an email saying they're cancelling my contract and moving me to a newer one. I was always under the impression that they couldn't cancel the contract or change the terms of the contract. But I must have been wrong.

Annoyingly they're increasing my bill and reducing my data to 4GB allowance. The data is the only part of any contract I really care about. I would definitely go over 4GB data a month as I travel a lot around the UK.

What are my rights. Planning on ringing them and asking for my PAC code and see if they can offer me anything better. Looking on MSE there are plenty of other deals that are cheaper and offer more than the new contract they're moving me to.

Your rights are to move supplier. You're on a 30 day rolling contract, not a 'for life' contract, that cuts both ways and they've decided to change it giving you the necessary notice.
  • cranford
    Options
    I guess it was uneconomic for Three to give you unlimited data when most unlimited data sims seem to start at £21 including Three on a 24 month contract. I lot of providers seem to be removing what are to them lost making services including removing Pay and Go other than on a monthly sum.
    If you can work out how much data you use Smarty who use the Three network have a Black Friday offer of 100gb for £17.
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    The same happened to those of us on the Three “One Plan”. That particular plan had unlimited data and around 2000 mins per month, the cost was £25/month, dropping eventually to £15 before they scrapped it.

The initial replacement plan offered by Three was lousy, but as we all know the prices with Three ebb and flow and sometimes you can successfully haggle with them. I’m still with them and am now on their unlimited everything plan at £20/month (think it’s now £21 or £22 for new contracts).
  • Herongull
    Herongull Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How much data do you need? Plusnet have 9Gb + unlimited minutes and texts on a rolling 1 month contract on uswitch for £10.
  • Pluto88888
    Pluto88888 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 16 November 2019 at 2:41PM
    Options
    Crazy to be honest they removed me twice on the one plan in 2015 currently have two unlimited plan sims with three paying £6 200 minutes and unlimited data out of contract just waiting for my email/letter so I can cancel.

To be honest I will never pay three anything over £10 a month you only get around 0.01mpbs in London and many mayor city centres you cannot even make a call or even have a working signal.
    Three customer service is horrendous aswell.

Will be taking out a EE Sim only contract for £19 50gb unlimited minutes and text after 20% discount using ebay code.

sick to death of three changing the goal post.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure