Cheapest (or free) Microsoft office?

Comments

• If even as little as £80 is too much you could always buy a copy of Office 2010 off ebay.

Be careful of the ones that are just digital downloads with a dubious product key that may or may not continue working.
  • tehone
    tehone Posts: 640
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    £18.25? Sounds way too good to be true, no?

If that’s all legit then why is anyone paying the high prices for Office instead of just paying this low price? What’s the catch that I must be missing?

Its interesting that the fake box screenshot and description feature Microsoft Lync, a product which no longer exists (it become Skype for Business, and thats now been superseded by Teams)
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,412
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I bought a 5 user copy of Office 365 off Ebay for around a fiver.

Seems to work OK.
  • I paid < a fiver for office 2016 from ebay. Downloaded from Microsoft and activated ok with supplied product key
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
  • WPS Office Business edition
    you could try the free edition to check for compatibility.
    Softmaker Office
    another with high compatibility with Microsoft Office. Commercial usage is limited to one machine.
    Only Office is another option but it looks like it is meant for 50+ users.
  • truescot
    truescot Posts: 170
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 18 September 2019 at 12:11AM
    Thanks everyone,

All sorted now thanks to advice from you lovely people. Love MSE!!
    Skint: (adjective) The tendency to turn off the grill when turning the bacon.

Think skint - it makes things simpler
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Am too late to the party but sometimes employers can get MS Office for their employees; think it’s £11.99 these days.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    20aday wrote: »
    but sometimes employers can get MS Office for their employees; think it’s £11.99 these days.
    But see this thread:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/microsoft-office-2019-staff-offer-available-for/249e13f0-a869-4d67-a675-86d0a8fee9e3
  • For future reference, you might want to look at Google Docs, it is free once you have a Google Account, it will open Office documents (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) easily and gives you most features of the fully functional MS Office.
  • craggybuk wrote: »
    For future reference, you might want to look at Google Docs, it is free once you have a Google Account, it will open Office documents (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) easily and gives you most features of the fully functional MS Office.

Indeed.

Plus of course a Microsoft account, even just a free hotmail email address, gives you access to MS Office online via any up to date web browser.

Both of course can only be used when you have an internet connection.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure