PPI - Canada Life??

In December 2001 my husband and I took out a Canada Life Loan Protector Plan policy to cover our mortgage. This was sold to us by a Financial Consultant for Canada Life. Can you tell me if this comes under PPI and if so do we make a claim to Canada Life? I did not see this name on the MSE website.

Thanks
Maureen C

Comments

• Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 August 2019 at 6:05AM
    As far as I know the Canada Life Loan Protector Plan can provide Life Cover, Critical Illness Cover and Disability cover. The current version does not cover unemployment thru redundancy. It would seem sensible cover to have if you have a mortgage, not sure what you mean by "come under PPI". If you want to claim on the policy because you have suffered an insured event (assuming the policy is still live) then you would contact Canada Life.

If you want to complain about the policy and assuming the consultant worked directly for Canada Life you would contact Canada Life in the first instance - giving reasons in your complaint why you believe the policy should not have been sold to you - Do you have any particular issue with the policy that means it was unsuitable for you?
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    . This was sold to us by a Financial Consultant for Canada Life

I didn't know Canada Life had a salesforce. Most of what they do was via intermediaries.
    Can you tell me if this comes under PPI and if so do we make a claim to Canada Life?

No. its not PPI.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport