Warning - do not use wolstenholmes solicitors

Comments

• cakinwande
    cakinwande Posts: 148 Forumite
    http://www.home-solicitors.co.uk/

Their reasons for closing are laughable! They are now trading under http://www.conveyancingexpert.co.uk/index.php which is not registered with the Law Society. Beware people....
  • cakinwande
    cakinwande Posts: 148 Forumite
    I spoke to a lady @ Fishburns today after I received a letter in January saying they were going to complete my case with compensation. Apparently, soon after, they had received 1000's of files/evidence so they still haven't closed my case. They are having several meetings but how many meetings can you have in nearly 2 years?
  • I completed with Wolstenholmes and luckily when they closed all that I had left to do was the land registration. Unfortunately, however, it appears that they were wrong with their calculations on the balance of the service charge and ground rent on my apartment. It was apparently in surplus, so I stumped up £800, when really it was £2k in debt. Obviously at the end of the year I had a shock bill from the building management.

The SRA says this is not their responsibility and gave me the details of A Howlett who is, apparently, their insurers. I have been contacting them to no avail since I found out about the debt (about 18 months ago).

It's getting to the stage where I really need the cash and if I wait much longer I fear there will be nothing I can do. Any advice would me mucho mucho appreciated.
  • tweety2009 wrote: »
    The Reality
    Imran Husseiyn joined wolstenholmes solicitors in March 2009. Nasir Ilyas has been the CE of the company since 2006. All the fraudulent activities had been carried out by Nasir Ilyas and his wife Asma Qayoum (who he has now divorced). When Nasir Ilyas realised that his fraudulent activities had been caught out he then sold the company to Imran Husseiyn who really is a genuine man. He also made bobby shabbir and bilal khwaja partnes in 2009 who had nothing to do with all this and have now had their pratice certificates suspended too.
    Nasir Ilyas - You crook - Go to hell

Beware of Nasir Ilyas
    I have also been recently been stung by nasir ilyas who certainly is not divorced from asma - trust me. I would like this author to contact me and discuss with me some issues that this man has left me in - he is a true CROOK and i feel sorry for his mother who has bore this most horrid child!!!!!!!:mad:
  • I have also been recently been stung by nasir ilyas who certainly is not divorced from asma - trust me. I would like this author to contact me and discuss with me some issues that this man has left me in - he is a true CROOK and i feel sorry for his mother who has bore this most horrid child!!!!!!!:mad:

You would have thought he would have had some shame but oh no - he strikes again!!! No conscience whatsoever, he is just out there to make peoples' lives a misery for few pennies!!! He would sell his mother if he could make a buck out of it!
  • We completed with Wolstenholmes in Aug 2009, and so my file was never considered live... I had heard nothing of this incredible scandel... until this week...

HMRC contacted me to say that the stamp duty was never paid on my house (they had declared my house purchase price under stamp duty threshold, despite me giving them the £9000 to pay the real stamp duty.... So basically they lied and took my money.... Now HMRC want their money with almost £1000 interest... and possibly penalties (although they did say they were likely not to impose penalties if I can prove it was unintentional....

I have filed a compensation claim with the SRA with all the documentation I have .. but i'd be keen to understand if anyone has had this specific probelm and has been successful or unsuccessul with the SRA?

What a nightmare, would love any tips / success or failure stories please...

Worst week ever. Who do you ask to protect you if you can't trust your solicitor? Some really do ruin it for the others...

GRRR.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    TBH this would have been better posted on HBR&S where the solicitor members often post. This is a bit of a backwater for anyone other than the resident brokers.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • kingstreet wrote: »
    TBH this would have been better posted on HBR&S where the solicitor members often post. This is a bit of a backwater for anyone other than the resident brokers.

Thanks - can you just tell me what HBR&S is sorry (new to all this)
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Home Buying, Renting & Selling.

It's two down the list from here.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • You would have thought he would have had some shame but oh no - he strikes again!!! No conscience whatsoever, he is just out there to make peoples' lives a misery for few pennies!!! He would sell his mother if he could make a buck out of it!

Nasir Ilyas has no shame...still. He is still up to his fraudulent tricks. Please elaborate on what he has done to you. I have heard he recently got involved with a solicitor firm in Burnley...Not good?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure