PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 13 March 2017

Comments

• Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Morning all,
    A woot woot to Valli, and gws vibes to you Natty and DH.

S&s'd bathroom and kitchen, put away dry washing (can't wait til I have a washing line outside again!), and hoovered downstairs. Time to think about getting ready for DD signing class, pre op, and play date with friends. Hopefully will get some flying done this afternoon.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Well done Valli X

Get well soon Natty and DH X

I always clean my bath and surround before getting out. This morning I slipped whilst cleaning it, I put my hands out to save myself but they slipped too and I landed on a boob. :(

Off to fly at parents' home then to help friend with forms. Back later.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Ouch Dancemum.

*Healing vibes* for Natty's Dave. It doesn't sound as though he's fit to go back to work at all!

Lovely to see you posting again Skint, but it sounds as though you have a huge amount on your plate at the moment. (((Hugs)))

It's drizzling which is maddening but I can finish the last of the drying off in the kitchen or TD today and then do filing.

I want my office back under control. The scrapstore is coming by on Thursday to take the two carpets and underlay removed from the downstairs rooms, so that'll help. I had no idea the scrapstore would be interested in the carpet, but clever OH rang and asked them if they wanted it and got a resounding "Yes!" So it's not going to landfill as I feared. Hurrah!
    Better is good enough.
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi all, really pleased it living room! I was thinking mine could do with a source up!
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Sorry not been in but sooo busy!
    Meditation last night was interesting took dd2 along with us. Monk in charge of the lesson upset my friend to the degree she almost walked out and DD gave him a good grilling after about a few things he'd said during the lesson. It was mainly about karma from previous lives being responsible for the pain suffering and ill fortune you get in this one.
    My perception of karma is what goes around comes around and we should all be as good honest and kind to those we share this planet with but it's got to be a pretty twisted god that doesn't let you start which a clean slate and let you suffer in this life for something that's happened several lifetimes ago which your current self had no control over.rant over

So far have got ds1 Drs appt for later today
    Had a phone call from work which makes me want to scream whooty whoot at the top of my lungs but have been sworn to secrecy until it's all in place.
    Got a morning off so am going to do the ironing as it's built up quite badly and I need to be seen to be on top of everything for my plan to fall into place uncontested

Hugs good wishes and posi vibes to all and I hope that the current health worries and problems faced by many will ease very soon
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,403
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all.

Well done Valli :T
    Yeowww dancemum :(
    GWS Natty and DH

I have completed Level 1 this morning. No time to do any more flying.
    I did also declutter another half pound at SW this week, though. Working my way down slowly!

R*nt*k*l man says next door has squirrels - apparently they lift the bottom tile and chew through the membrane, so no house is safe. He has advised us not to feed the garden birds, as this attractes vermin. I knew that, but DH will not be happy, especially as he has just spent £££ on more bird food. Oh dear, it won't be pleasant telling him and coping with the mood that his will bring on...

Must get on with writing... See you all tomorrow x
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    ATB scarlet fever is doing the rounds in our infant section of school. Just look after yourself xx

I'm doing the money shuffle this morning!

Washed towels out blowing now. Pigs out also. They are both looking slimmer - fresh air must be doing the little chubbies some good! I'm planning a walk for me today too!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • funfairprincess
    funfairprincess Posts: 1,968
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 14 March 2017 at 10:30AM
    Morning flyfriends x

Valli :dance: well done x
    Dancemum hope you're OK sounds like a sore one.
    Natty I hope Dave is doing a bit better.
    honeybear huge hugs honey xxxx hope you feel better soon xx

Right I'm on a mission, since the agency has no work for me again :( I try not to take it personally but I do a bit.
    I'm about to make a start on the list and hopefully find DS1s car keys that he's lost in the house somewhere! I have a key box in the scullery so that these things don't happen!

Off to get a list x
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Natty it doesn't sound to me as though Dave should be anywhere near work for the time being. GWS wishes for him; it sounds truly horrible. x

GWS wishes for ATB too. In that situation I think I'd be hitting the calamine lotion!
    Meditation last night was interesting took dd2 along with us. Monk in charge of the lesson upset my friend to the degree she almost walked out and DD gave him a good grilling after about a few things he'd said during the lesson. It was mainly about karma from previous lives being responsible for the pain suffering and ill fortune you get in this one.
    Oh dear; I've always half-jokingly said that I must've been an axe-murderer or something in a previous life. :( Maybe I really was an axe-murderer. :eek: Channeling Lizzie Borden, maybe? :eek:

Mr LW has just returned from the fang farrier - just an inspect and polish, hooray, and another appt for 6 months' time. :o

He's now decided to clean shoes. Mine as well as his. :A

I got a free bottle of washing up liquid in the post; I have to test it and do an online evaluation; but hey, it's free WUL - what's not to like? :money: Downside is I'm supposed to do all the washing up myself for four weeks. We've decided Mr LW will still help with it if there's a lot or if we're in the situation that he can start washing up while I'm busy with the "dirtying of utensils" still; but I'll run the water and dose it with WUL. :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,646
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    A bit of pick'n'mix today:
    - drove 'space ship' to zumba
    - one load washing hung out
    -wudupa
    - cleared majority of kitchen surfaces and put stuff where it ought to live
    - wiped kitchen surfaces and appliances
    - emptied kitchen compost
    - cleared out old, and made new, floating flower arrangement for lounge
    - swept and mopped kitchen floor
    - started another report
    - emailed uni to let them know my car doesn't match my electronic parking permit
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure