Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 238
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 20th Apr 18, 11:34 AM
    • 12,170 Posts
    • 9,205 Thanks
    fatbelly
    I'm in N Ireland I don't know if that's anything to do with it. I'm out all day but will post all what the letter says later on.
    Originally posted by Alex walk112
    Alex - that is possible. I've only got access to the England/Wales version.

But for England/Wales, in normal times, the payment goes through instantly and once submitted the DRO is usually approved 2 days later.

They do have a glitch at the moment and it's anyone's guess when that will be sorted.
    • Mumof4.84
    • By Mumof4.84 20th Apr 18, 11:53 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mumof4.84
    Finally mine has been approved today, now a nervous 12 months till I can concentrate on getting everything in order.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 20th Apr 18, 4:25 PM
    • 13,775 Posts
    • 13,092 Thanks
    sourcrates
    Finally mine has been approved today, now a nervous 12 months till I can concentrate on getting everything in order.
    Originally posted by Mumof4.84
    As long as there are no major changes, all will be fine.

You wont hear from the insolvency service again.

One point to note, after the 12 month moratorium period, make sure all your creditors mark the debts as settled, and move them to the closed account section of your credit file.

Most creditors do this automatically, but some need to be reminded of their obligations.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Mumof4.84
    • By Mumof4.84 20th Apr 18, 6:32 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mumof4.84
    Thank You,
    So do I only report if my income increases and not lowers, or if I have left more than the 50 a month spare.
    The only change that might happen is if my boyfriend moves in but that's a while yet, which would decrease my income as id lose all my benefits apart from child benefit. Would this need to be reported even though I'm worse off income wise.
    • Pianothing
    • By Pianothing 22nd Apr 18, 9:33 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Pianothing
    Oh dear. This isn't looking good. I have an appointment with my intermediary tomorrow and was hoping to get my application submitted and be starting my moratorium by Thursday ... assuming approval that is. It's a bit of a worry that the money will be paid in cash but still takes at least 3 days to get to them and that applications are taking up to 2 weeks. Looks like I might not be getting that good night's sleep for a bit longer! Does anyone know what they are doing to try to resolve the issue?
    • haggis0073
    • By haggis0073 22nd Apr 18, 11:01 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    haggis0073
    my friend submitted her application (and paid fee) on the 17th, had the same response with a glitch in the system, was then approved on the 20th

so fingers crossed the glitch has been sorted
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,299Users online

Martin's Twitter