Daughters Mum is not paying Child Maintenance

Hi,
Any help is greatly appreciated; My daughter has been living with me now for 2 and a half years (she is now 13). Her mother is a Social Worker for Children, that has been sacked from many jobs for Gross Misconduct and even been in the daily mail for her antics being all over social media. All I know is she is working in Social Care somewhere in London?
She has to date not paid a single penny in maintenance and has an infrequent relationship with my daughter (between drunken episodes). Whilst my daughter was with her I always paid maintenance at the rate the CSA assessed. To date I know she has been working via various limited companies she has set up (then closing them after a short while), she has also changed her name at least once (that I know of). I have a case with the Child Maintenance Service (CMS) but they are unable to track her as she keeps moving about and refuses to give any contact details.
I'm trying to track her down and failing, I don't want to restrict my daughter from seeing her mum but at the moment it is hard to support their relationship but am left with little else to try and make her responsible for her daughters welfare. Has anyone got any advice for this situation in tracking a person?

Comments

• Sambella
    Sambella Posts: 417 Forumite
    I've helped Parliament
    Most likely she will settle somewhere eventually and they will find her via HMRC/DVLA records or similar.

I wouldn’t waste your time looking for her as it will only cause anger and resentment of you don’t find her. Leave it to the CMS, perhaps contact them every couple of months to ensure they keep looking.

I wouldn’t deny contact. Children have the right to time with both parents regardless of other things going on between the two of you.

Through contact with your daughter you may learn when she has found somewhere permanent/long term to live.
  • When does your child see her/where do they meet?
  • jimd-f
    jimd-f Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    CMS is not an investigation agency.
    they do their assessments based on what HMRC provide but do not go out of their way to try and find someone but rely on the Receiving Parent providing info.
    once they are given info re new address or employer they will look to see if that info is correct and then act.
    it looks like your ex is basically self employed and not wanting to pay so you will have a very difficult job trying to get any money.
    all you can do is update CMS with any new info you have and hope that they can use it effectively
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure