Is MyHermes about to go bust?

MyHermes seem to have lost the plot and don't seem to care about that!

I've done a search but found nothing, so is there a sub-forum with MyHermes staff representation on it?

I've sent many parcels with them sucessfully, but now I have a parcel that has been at the end stage of the delivery chain for 10 days! Yes, that's how long the local courier has had it, with only one attempt at delivery on the first day, although my recipient disputes even this try, as she is home 24/7.

It is a small, lightweight parcel.
It is a normal residential address.

I opened an enquiry via online chat and they promised to refer it immediately to the investigations team, who would get back to me within 24/48 hrs. This they failed to do.

I tried to call MyHermes today but "technical difficulties" were what the recorded voice stated after I keyed in the parcel barcode.

There's no update on my ebay a/c or Hermes a/c. My ebay buyer also had no success trying, citing the same "technical difficulties".

I had to do online chat all over again today as the only method open to me to chase it up, and they had the cheek to mark the new case as "resolved", and raised my buyers hopes in vain when she checked today.

I suspect the online chatter had targets to meet.

I fear that if I push them too hard, my parcel will appear as "lost", when the reality is that their local courier hasn't tried to deliver it since 01 July, if at all.

What can be the matter with the Hermes system? My parcel went from one end of the country to the other in 2 days, only to be hogged by a inept, inefficient or lazy local courier!

I'm so frustrated and annoyed. My eBay buyer was looking forward to her parcel.:(

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,198 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    For the first time ever MyHermes are ignoring my messages on facebook, previously they have always responded quite quickly. I now have 2 lost parcels (I am the recipient) and they will not respond to me at all.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    As a personal note, I've noticed I've received far fewer deliveries from them and we used to get quite a lot, thinking about it I don't think they've delivered anything to me for a few months.
    I've never used them to send.
  • Pun
    Pun Posts: 740 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Sounds all too familiar, I'm afraid...
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    I'm not seeing the link between the title of the thread and the content - this is an issue with the local courier, who is self-employed surely?

IMHO the thread title is needless scaremongering.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I fail to understand how one lost parcel is a sure sign that they are going bust. Dropped off five parcels Saturday morning at parcel shop. All delivered today. I would keep contacting them through their website. I personally find that it the more reliable way of getting a response, although it can take them a couple of days.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I had an issue and i think their rep was on here, or was it twitter?

Quite helpful, but could not trace the delivery number. Seller sent another which arrived then the missing one arrived.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• MrJones1
    MrJones1 Posts: 119 Forumite
    I don't understand how a delay in the delivery can be an indication that the business will go bust. However, you should claim compensation for the delay. In their terms and conditions, there is a paragraph that says:

"Our liability for Late Delivery is limited to refunding the Charges"

For more information visit:

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.html
  • soolin
    MrJones1 wrote: »
    I don't understand how a delay in the delivery can be an indication that the business will go bust. However, you should claim compensation for the delay. In their terms and conditions, there is a paragraph that says:

"Our liability for Late Delivery is limited to refunding the Charges"

For more information visit:

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.html

It's more than that- although I've had a few missing parcels or delays I have always got it sorted, I never had an issue with them paying out or investigating it. Now I can get nothing at all out of them- to the extent that one seller has just refunded me even though the parcel shows as delivered- as officially they have been told that the courier is no longer in contact and cannot be traced for information.

I'm still trying to work out what to do about the latest one as I have no idea which parcel it is that's gone and am just waiting to see what doesn't turn up so I can go to the seller.

I suspect mine is a rogue courier, but until someone at MyHermes responds through any one of the avenues I've tried - I cannot be sure what is going on.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    soolin wrote: »
    It's more than that- although I've had a few missing parcels or delays I have always got it sorted, I never had an issue with them paying out or investigating it. Now I can get nothing at all out of them- to the extent that one seller has just refunded me even though the parcel shows as delivered- as officially they have been told that the courier is no longer in contact and cannot be traced for information.

I'm still trying to work out what to do about the latest one as I have no idea which parcel it is that's gone and am just waiting to see what doesn't turn up so I can go to the seller.

I suspect mine is a rogue courier, but until someone at MyHermes responds through any one of the avenues I've tried - I cannot be sure what is going on.

Sure I have mebtioned to you before but you arent on Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/myhermes/with_replies?lang=en
    Active and replying as of 20 seconds ago.
  • soolin
    custardy wrote: »
    Sure I have mebtioned to you before but you arent on Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/myhermes/with_replies?lang=en
    Active and replying as of 20 seconds ago.

I'm not on twitter- they used to respond on facebook within an hour- now they just keep asking me to PM and then ignore me. I may have to sign up for twitter if that is now the only way to get their attention.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure