New plan...time to see some movement!

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hope listing went well! We have only one thing listed, but whilst it’s better than nothing, you and your OH on the other hand are always firing on all EBay cyclinders..so impressive.

Have a great week

Thanks Brizzle, everything helps!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    We had a fairly productive day yesterday.

Went to the recycling centre to drop off a load of stuff and had a mooch around the reuse shop while we were there. Then we went to have a look at a car boot sale, and then went grocery shopping.

In the afternoon, I changed all the beds, did some listing for me and DH, sorted dinner with enough for leftovers for lunch, prepped some more stuff for listing and prepped the parcels that were selling yesterday.
  • Just catching up now I am back off my hols. Well done on being slimmer of the week. :T
    Not heard of free deserts in Iceland, must pop in and have a look. I don't tend to shop there very often, but freezer could do with a few more bits.
    DMP 2015 £57,549, now £36,112 (37% paid)
    EF £200 Mortgage OP's this year £115

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the End of Every Day!

• jwil
    Just catching up now I am back off my hols. Well done on being slimmer of the week. :T
    Not heard of free deserts in Iceland, must pop in and have a look. I don't tend to shop there very often, but freezer could do with a few more bits.

Thank you :) Hope you had a lovely holiday.

The free dessert was an offer they sent me as a 'birthday gift' on the bonus card. I had to scan the card with the dessert and it took the cost off my bill.
  • Hope you’re having as good a week as the last one :)
  • jwil
    Hope you’re having as good a week as the last one :)

Thank you! I got on the scales at home this morning and :eek: I haven't been 100% on plan, but it looks like it's up 4lb! I don't know how that would have happened, so hoping it mysteriously melts away by tomorrow!
  • jwil
    2 more parcels posted this morning. No one's buying my stuff :(

DH is off with little jwil next week, so I'm hoping he has a good declutter!

They've asked what I want to do for my birthday. I'm tempted to say a car boot sale as there's no better present than stuff leaving the house :rotfl: :D

I got the book of 'The Cry' out of the library this weekend, as I'd recorded the TV programme earlier this year. I read the book and really enjoyed it, so watched the first episode last night, I like the way that it's not following the book exactly, so keeping you in suspense as to what's happened.

I also watched Shetland last night, love it, and glad it's back.
  • jwil
    Grrr I am so annoyed! BT are charging me for services I cancelled last month, and my account now says that I have to return the box they told me I could keep. I've gone onto chat to query it and they cut me off saying I'm not the named account holder, despite me looking at the sodding account in front of me which has my name on it!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Back in now, they are telling me there is no requirement to return the box - it says on my account I will be charged if I don't! Also I'm apparently getting charged for a month's worth of TV even though I asked for it to be cancelled, as it won't be cancelled until 4 days into the billing period.

So apparently I have to pay the bill, then they will credit me back the extra on my next bill. Marvellous, I cancelled because I can't afford £75 a month!
  • jwil
    Dreading tonight's WI. Hopefully it won't be too awful.

I'm thinking of writing a complaint to BT about the bill. I really don't see why I am billed for a month of something I asked to cancel 6 weeks ago.

While I'm in complaint mode :D I'm going to complain to Wessex Water and ask them why our bill is double their average bill. I appreciate we are on rated value and it will be more expensive but I'd like to know why so much! Our council tax is band C so the 'average' band D must be even more expensive!
  • jwil
    Complaints both done. I'm sure my phone bill won't be adjusted, and I'm sure nothing will come of the water one, I just want to know why we are twice the average when I consider us to be a fairly average household!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport