Waste Tech - Don't Use

Waste Tech customers beware.

This has been bought to my attention by FSB which I recommend. They advised me to join with Team Waste for our rubbish collection- I checked out the difference in prices and I have saved £150 a month!!!

Waste Tech
- Charge £100 for an annual certificate that is available for free!
- Provision Charge
- Landfill Charge
- Price revision four times a year

Team Waste
- Free Ceritifcate
- No Provision
- No Landfill
- One Price revision annually
- Cheaper than Waste Tech anyway

Waste Tech have so far refused to cancel my contract as they charged me for a pickup when they didn't pickup. When asked when could I cancel my contract was told it is in my contract which if I want I have to request ion writing and won't tell me over the phone!

They are over charging and we need to stop them! I don't know if Team Waste can help out all of you lot but check out your rubbish collection bills this is going to save me £150 x 12 = £1800 pa.

Anyone else had problems cancelling their contracts?
Help me to help you :santa2:

Comments

• Totally agree Robert. Wastetech are a rip off. We arranged a price with them which they increased twice without informing us in advance. First time it was resolved - second time they would not budge.

I told them they were in breach of contract which states they will inform us of any price increase. They said that the invoice was their method of informing us of price increase!! I had the same pathetic runaround to cancel and was told I would have to spend about £2000 to settle the annual contract including an unpaid £200 invoice.

In the meantime we changed to Team Waste - never had any problems since... In doing that they charged us with breach of contract for using another waste service provider. After a lot of angry phone calls they finally accepted just the settlement of the invoice and all was done. They have had the cheek to try and get our business back since - absolutely no chance!!
  • Well I'm having much the same problem. How do I get rid of them? I can't find any contract and Trading Standards aren't being much help!

What can I do without getting into trouble, I don't want a court case although I think the Judge would understand why I wanted to leave for example Dec 2005 £185 June 2007 £356!!

I will do whatever it takes, was thinking of just writing and saying you have ignored all my letters and now I'll leave the bins outside and if you want them come and get them!
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have a nasty feeling we are with Waste Tech too, and have an annual contract, which they don't give much notice of renewing. I am hoping it is not one of those where you have to give notice at the start of the contract, IYSWIM, as I intend to give them 3 months notice!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • It is three months notice from the month you started! At least remember you can get the certificate for free, heck I'll send it to you lol

Would you mind telling us abit more, could try and help
  • Savvy_Sue
    I'll have to fish the stuff out at work and look at it. thanks for the offer!
  • No problem. Just find out the date of the contract you can request it if you can't find it but they will charge you £15 for the privilege; send any letter by recorded delivery.

Then you have to give three months notice from the date on the contract for cancellation. I've had a solicitor look at the contract and it seems they can pretty much charge what they like!
  • Savvy_Sue
    I am fairly sure the contract runs from 1 January. So are you saying I need to give 3 months notice on 1 January? I was hoping to give 3 months notice on 1 October.
  • You are correct 3 months notice before the end so yes if it is in January then write by recorded delivery in September ( October, November & December ). Just to be on the safe side- these cowboys will not want you to leave and will try anything perhaps send it now!

There is one other trick you can do
  • Savvy_Sue
    There is one other trick you can do
    Oh do tell!

I need to get my new contract sorted first, of course ... We've already had one visit from Environmental Health, who was quite impressed that when she came back when I was in the office I could find our contracts! Her first visit was not so promising: she was insisting that she had right of entry, we had very few staff in and no-one who knew about our waste contracts - why would they? :confused:
  • Well the cafe opposite from me is stuck till July ... NEXT YEAR! but as I told him the contract seems to be solid but I contacted them and told them I'm recycling more and that I would only be requiring half of the collections as usual. Then you could get the other companies to collect and just remember until your contract ends that any certificates are free on the environmental website.

I'm from Brighton but I found Teamwaste to be much better value and don't seem interested in ripping you off. Alan something I'll get you the number if you want?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport