PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Comments

• Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    :A Dear kind Mrs Salad Dodger thank you for such a positive spin, and for the shiny gold star (added to siggy). :A

Yesterday
    Revolving door online orders, punctuated with damage limitation activities.

1. Pet superstore: cardboard box broken down and bagged for recycling. Stinky litter tray emptied scrubbed and refilled, cat grass seed mix soaked.

2. IKEA rehash order: cardboard box broken down/ paper packaging bagged.

3. A pair of super-cute artificial pot plants: ordered two more. :eek:

Cardboard box broken down/ paper packaging bagged.

4. IKEA needless two-man collection (crazy returns policy).

The tidy end - because front door - of the 'Hall of Shame' is chock-a-block. [STRIKE]Three bagfuls of recycling, two bags of rubbish[/STRIKE], big bucket of stuff for the charity shop. Triffids for pack and return have migrated to the kitchen. :doh:

Today
    Visit from new support worker and potential new electrician. :j

Outstanding online orders confirmed by e-mail: human supplements (tomorrow!), plastic plants (tomorrow!), sideboard (Monday!), Triffid collection (Monday!).

Still to ship: Cat joint supplements, Feliway, ImmobiMARK property marking kit. Guarantee I will not be able to remember username or password for the site by the time kit arrives, never mind if stressed by theft! :rotfl:
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • TC77
    TC77 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Posted for the first time a few days ago, and felt I had done alot, rose tinted hindsight shocked to see only 8 items!
    so
    9 new top too small for me
    10- 11 good second hand for charity
    12 old trainers
    13 Toy bat
    14 will balance board - not working
    15 old gardening glove!
  • Thank you peeps for your kind words of support ref sofa bed. Have had 3 boxes of Mum's stuff brought down from bedroom (glassware etc) as I have a lady from a shop coming to see if she wants to take them to her shop to sell with some of the money coming to me, again, not had much luck putting on sale sites but really feel, with the support on here, that I must do something, its not the money, I just want them to go where they will be appreciated.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Been absent for a while.
    I have done some decluttering but much more is needed.

824-833 magazines recycled or taken to DH work.
    834-835 old pants
    836-865 old single socks
    866-867 2 single gloves
    868-869 old toothbrushes
    870-871 loads of packaging
    872 paperwork shredded
    873 coffee pods recycled
    874 book to League of Friends shop
    875 candle
    876 sweets
    877 horseshoe ornament thrown away.
    878-879 trinket boxes from MIL
    880-882 toy horses from MIL
    883 teddy bear from MIL
    884 curtain hook
    885-886 metal hooks
    887-889 towels to RSPCA
    890-891 pillowcases
    892 duvet cover
    893-894 glass bottle and stopped
    895 bag of various metal and tiles from garden.

Will aim to post more and read back on what I have missed.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 August 2019 at 2:01PM
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Apologies for not posting or cheerleading yesterday :( sheer laziness:o Bus to sm on Wednesday as it was raining hard :( Dinner was chicken fried in butter with boiled potatoes & sweetcorn - very beige but very tasty �� Thursday’s Weather was not so bad - mainly dry but as I didn’t need to go out I sorted the larder - a lot tidier now plus rearranged the Brex*t cupboard. Need to restock the Brex*t cupboard :( but will get DH to do a couple of trips on the bike which means he pays :rotfl: Unfortunately I didn’t update my lists because that makes the job take too long :eek: Created a bit of wiggle room in the freezer - DSis had the single pork steak with boiled potatoes & green beans whilst DH & I had the 2 boxes of spaghetti & bolognese sauce heated up in the wok. Really need to rearrange the freezers again as I have been a bit lax :p

2716 - 2725 Three drinks cans, cardboard box, 2 lots of cardboard packaging, glass jar & metal lid, small glass spice jar (emptied of contents which I will never use ;)), 2 food tins - Recycled
    2726 - 2733 Seven lots of plastic packaging, emptied the shredding bin - again :D, ood egg mayonnaise - Binned

Friday is damp, drizzly & very breezy. DSis & I have opticians appointments late afternoon, then will meet DH & have an early dinner in Greenwich.

Cheerleading starts here : -

Well Done :- Barny1979; you are a Good Girl whmf00001 ;) Quite agree that getting items out is the way to go - if you earn a few pennies it is a bonus :D; Cherryfudge - you have been busy - decluttering of family possessions leads to decluttering of stress ;) after all once it is done it is done :rotfl:; excellent work sweetpea26 :T - you have found a method of decluttering that works exceedingly well for you :j; nice to see you leelad :D I love reading how well you & your daughter are doing on your decluttering journey :D I hope your wife is doing well; lovely sentiment bit by bit; no problem Fire Fox - I always feel so much happier if I can see a silver lining :rotfl: even for other people :D - regardless of your purchases you are dealing with the packaging immediately you have made a decision to keep or return :T; TC77 - “rose tinted hindsight” - I fell off the sofa laughing ��. My pep talk starts here :- It really does not matter how much you declutter ;) as long as you declutter :D To me it sounds like you are tidying & rearranging which really does help in making your surroundings look less cluttered. When I sorted the kitchen cupboards yesterday I only threw out 2 items BUT it looks soooo much better :p So, no more defeatism - YOU WILL SUCCEED !

See you all later

MrsSD
    2733/4038
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • 1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Friday has continued to be damp & drizzly. DSis & I had our opticians appointments - my long vision has improved :) but my short vision has got worse :( So I need 2 new pairs of glasses, so lots of pennies decluttered :( Good news is that if I get a Bo*ts card, when I reach the big 60, I will get a discount on my glasses - think it was 25% so well worth having :T We then toddled off to meet DH - unfortunately rush hour :( so not the best journey :( Decided we would try Frankie & Benny’s but unfortunately it was shut down & moved to Charlton :eek: So we went into a place called Byron - formica tables & chairs, but the 2nd best strawberry milk shake DSis has ever had & the burgers were delicious 🤤 The burger I chose came with the added bonus that a donation would be made to buy a meal for a child in Africa :D Then a pint in a local pub & home by 8:00 p.m. Decluttered more monies but at least I didn’t have to cook :rotfl:

Cheerleading starts here : -

Nice to see you villagelife :D - good numbers :T

See you all tomorrow - when hopefully I will do some decluttering of items rather than pennies ;)

MrsSD
    2733/4038
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    Back again. Did more yesterday

896 a CD
    897-899 drinks coasters
    900-907 more socks with holes in.
    908-909 pinnacles
    910-913 old envelopes shredded
    914-915 boxes that had been in the hall for ages.
    916-918 chipped glasses.

That's all from yesterday and over the 900 Mark which is great
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    I did a much needed extra shop yesterday as my stockpile cupboards have been depleted over the summer :eek:. Thanks to MrsSD for the kick up the rear end, er.... reminder about upping Bre**t / doomsday / bad weather stores :A. Living half way up a mountain sometimes results in being snowed in etc, so I like to have a back up plan for food. All new stores have now been sorted and put away and all the packaging recycled. I feel that as long as I have extra toilet rolls and tea bags I'm sorted :D

This morning I have decluttered the ironing basket, well almost as I was losing the will to live, so a couple of things remain un-ironed. In doing so I found one of DH's T.shirts that had seen better days, so it has been resigned to the rag bag.
    We have also booked another holiday for mid Sept, along with paying the gas and electric bills, so have decluttered the bank account :eek:. It will be beans on toast for the foreseeable future :rotfl:.
    Take care and hugs to anyone in need.

nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    768-773. 6 cassette audiobook into charity bag
    774. P&D tickets out of car and recycled
  • short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,671 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hope the weather's halfway decent where you are: friends at festivals are having quite the time!
    Ploughing on with the clearing.
    383-392: 6 glitter hearts, a vest, a storage tin and 2 coats to the charity shop bag
    394-398: 2 boxes and a cereal box of miscellaneous paper recycling out as well as the box for the Ike@ light fitting that I am probably leave in situ in this rented flat.
    399-400 another CD to the charity shop bag and a DVD to the bin to make it a nice round 400. :D
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure