Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CEON44
    • By CEON44 1st Mar 19, 5:15 PM
    • 337Posts
    • 138Thanks
    CEON44
    Old cine film
    • 1st Mar 19, 5:15 PM
    Old cine film 1st Mar 19 at 5:15 PM
    The other day I came across an old cine film in a long forgotten box. Ultimately I would like to get it transferred onto DVD which is possible. But I was wondering if there is an easy way to view the film now to get an idea as to whats on it. I have no idea what could be on it or where it came from so worried its contents could be dodgy So some way of easily viewing it would be useful. Any ideas?
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left
Page 1
    • BigAl94
    • By BigAl94 2nd Mar 19, 4:04 PM
    • 1,743 Posts
    • 990 Thanks
    BigAl94
    • 2nd Mar 19, 4:04 PM
    • 2nd Mar 19, 4:04 PM
    You need a viewer - maybe pick something up here? https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR1.T RC0.A0.H0.X8mm+film+viewer.TRS0&_nkw=8mm+film+view er&_sacat=0
    • CEON44
    • By CEON44 4th Mar 19, 8:30 AM
    • 337 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    CEON44
    • 4th Mar 19, 8:30 AM
    • 4th Mar 19, 8:30 AM
    Yes something like this would do but dear enough for what I need. Was hoping for a home made idea costing zero, just to even view one frame and see if it was something I recognised before getting it converted
    • joylikes2shop
    • By joylikes2shop 10th Jul 19, 10:22 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 814 Thanks
    joylikes2shop
    • 10th Jul 19, 10:22 PM
    • 10th Jul 19, 10:22 PM
    Did you get sorted with this ?

I had my mum & dads 60yr old wedding film put on to DVD by a guy in Comber about 2 years ago...He is a really lovely guy and I imagine he'd probably be able to let you know what is on the film before you decide if you'd like to have it put on to a DVD....let me know if you'd like his contact details...and unfortunately, I cant remember how much he charged
    • tealady
    • By tealady 11th Jul 19, 5:50 AM
    • 3,122 Posts
    • 4,044 Thanks
    tealady
    • 11th Jul 19, 5:50 AM
    • 11th Jul 19, 5:50 AM
    This might be a long shot so aplogies if if it doesn't work.
    Have you looked to see if there is a local photography club who might have the kit to process a frame for you.
    Or they might have details of people who could advise.
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
    • CEON44
    • By CEON44 11th Jul 19, 9:25 AM
    • 337 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    CEON44
    • 11th Jul 19, 9:25 AM
    • 11th Jul 19, 9:25 AM
    Did you get sorted with this ?

I had my mum & dads 60yr old wedding film put on to DVD by a guy in Comber about 2 years ago...He is a really lovely guy and I imagine he'd probably be able to let you know what is on the film before you decide if you'd like to have it put on to a DVD....let me know if you'd like his contact details...and unfortunately, I cant remember how much he charged
    Originally posted by joylikes2shop
    No, never got it sorted. Forgot about it to be honest. But would still be keen to get it checked out. Viewing devices are too dear to buy for one off use. PM me the details of the guy in comber if you dont mind. Thanks
    • CEON44
    • By CEON44 11th Jul 19, 9:26 AM
    • 337 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    CEON44
    • 11th Jul 19, 9:26 AM
    • 11th Jul 19, 9:26 AM
    This might be a long shot so aplogies if if it doesn't work.
    Have you looked to see if there is a local photography club who might have the kit to process a frame for you.
    Or they might have details of people who could advise.
    Originally posted by tealady
    Never thought of that. Worth a try I'll check out if there are any clubs in the area
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,097Posts Today

6,542Users online

Martin's Twitter