Black Ops 4 PC Download - Help!

I know nothing about buying games! I have preordered this on PSnetwork for someone as a gift, it is the standard issue with bonus content of a map and some extra points, cost £60, it also came with a trial which they have already activated. However, I keep seeing ads for the game much cheaper! Can someone please point me in the direction of where the best deal is as I feel like I'm making a mistake purchasing it from PSNetwork. I'm puzzling over why there is such a price difference and don't want to buy a sub standard edition, CDkeys for instance are advertising it at just £32! Surely it can't be the same game? ANY help appreciated.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    November2 wrote: »
    I know nothing about buying games! I have preordered this on PSnetwork for someone as a gift, it is the standard issue with bonus content of a map and some extra points, cost £60, it also came with a trial which they have already activated. However, I keep seeing ads for the game much cheaper! Can someone please point me in the direction of where the best deal is as I feel like I'm making a mistake purchasing it from PSNetwork. I'm puzzling over why there is such a price difference and don't want to buy a sub standard edition, CDkeys for instance are advertising it at just £32! Surely it can't be the same game? ANY help appreciated.

Hi you mention PC in the title but your post mentions PSN or PlayStation Network, is it just an error and you meant to put PS4 in the title ?

Is the 1 on CD keys for PC ?

The 2 priced at either £33/£34 on CD keys are for PC.

PC games can be cheaper than console.
    You sure you want to buy a digital copy when if you buy a physical copy the recipient can trade it in at some point.
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Lol, told you I didn't know anything about gaming! Sorry, yes its the PS4 download not PC, I got mixed up with it being a download and got stuck with the idea it was a pc game! Is it only available from PSnetwork at moment, just had a search on Google and everything seems to be physical disc editions? I'd prefer to buy the disc myself not only does it appear cheaper but I'd be able to use Quidco too!
  • DCFC79
    Forumite
    edited 20 September 2018 at 7:04PM
    Lol, told you I didn't know anything about gaming! Sorry, yes its the PS4 download not PC, I got mixed up with it being a download and got stuck with the idea it was a pc game! Is it only available from PSnetwork at moment, just had a search on Google and everything seems to be physical disc editions? I'd prefer to buy the disc myself not only does it appear cheaper but I'd be able to use Quidco too!

Its ok, not a problem.

Whats stopping you from buying the disc form ?

Does the recipient prefer a digital copy ?

Amazon has the standard plus edition for £50

You can get up to 5% at Game, they have the standard edition here
    https://www.game.co.uk/en/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-2328880

Same amount as above at Shopto.net, a little bit cheaper
    https://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4CA77-call-of-duty-black-ops-4-inc-blackout

Quidco cashback for Amazon is unavailable at the minute.

As you have pre ordered it you should be able to get a refund or cancel the pre order, as you can see the standard editions can be had cheaper elsewhere.
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you so much for your help. Am going to cancel and purchase elsewhere, adamant he wants digital download only, I thought buying directly from PSN would be the cheapest!
  • Bobgynywa
    Bobgynywa Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 24 September 2018 at 12:10PM
    "Thank you so much for your help. Am going to cancel and purchase elsewhere, adamant he wants digital download only, I thought buying directly from PSN would be the cheapest!"

Nope, from experience, a physical CD is always cheaper. :)
  • DCFC79
    Forumite
    Thank you so much for your help. Am going to cancel and purchase elsewhere, adamant he wants digital download only, I thought buying directly from PSN would be the cheapest!

Not always the cheapest. Depends on the game.

A benefit of buying digital is come release day the game should be installed, this is what happens on Xbox so I assume PS4 is the same.
  • "A benefit of buying digital is come release day the game should be installed, this is what happens on Xbox so I assume PS4 is the same."

Perhaps, but nowadays, game developers and publishers are using this as an excuse to keep exclusive contents away from those who are going to buy physical CDs. They're getting greedier each day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure