Jewellery purchase.

Hello forumites.

I'm considering buying some Gold jewellery for a special occasion.

I found a company called Glamira which is based in Germany. They seem to have a good reputation but I wondered if any MSE forum members had any experience of using them. Thanks in advance for any information.

Comments

• Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 18 August 2019 at 8:43AM
    No experience, but I would be very hesitant in buying gold online from a relatively unknown company. You need to be able to see the hallmark etc before you buy, no idea what the rules are in Germany but in the UK you can easily return things and I know the seller has to pay, no idea whether this is an eu rule or UK.

My main concern would be the hallmarks.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • ferrism
    ferrism Posts: 23
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for that. I checked about hallmarks. Germany does not subscribe to the hallmark system so there is only a purity stamp. This was something that concerned me too. I think the return system is an EU requirement and, of course, there is always the credit card protection.

I was hoping somebody would have direct experience but it seems nobody is as daft as me!
  • For the benefit of others who may consider this company, I did make a purchase.

It was handled perfectly. Items arrived on time and are purity stamped. On the whole a very impressive service and product.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure