007 Cops given licence to kill?

fridae
fridae Posts: 35 Forumite
edited 24 July 2018 at 8:57PM in Campaigns corner
GOVERNMENT CONSIDERING GIVING PROTECTION TO THE POLICE TO DRIVE DANGEROUSLY FREE FROM PROSECUTION

This is a dangerous proposal that holds constant threats for our children and there are strong clues that those behind the proposal mean to see it passed in to law.

The figures, obtained under the Freedom of Information Act reveal the following:

Police cause nine crashes a day and have killed 150 people in road smashes since 2004 during pursuits. They caused 3,357 crashers, an average of more than 64 a week injuring 2,492 victims.

A traffic cop driving at 94mph in a 30 mph zone in Newcastle, lost control and killed a 16 year old schoolgirl.

ROSPA said police should !!!8216;lessen the risk of the same mistakes happening in future.!!!8217; All well and good and easy to say and it makes sense to a normal person with average intelligence, but will the Government see it that way?

Read more and please sign my petition at:

I am trying to direct readers to an important site, but you moderators appear to have put systems in place to prevent my doing so for whatever reason. You also feel it necessary to place nonsense in place of my inverted commas. So if readers would like to be enlightened as to Government and police dirty tricks, email me that is if it is allowed.

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    fridae wrote: »

Police cause nine crashes a day and have killed 150 people in road smashes since 2004 during pursuits. They caused 3,357 crashers, an average of more than 64 a week injuring 2,492 victims.

As per the Daily Mail in 2009.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1177100/Police-cause-crashes-day-killed-150-people-road-smashes-2004.html

Where have you been for the past 9 years?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What is the MSE campaign that relates to this..?
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I think this relates more to the fact that if they are chasing a motorcyclist/scooter rider and said rider removes their helmet they have to give up the chase because it then becomes too dangerous for the rider.

The criminals have been taking advantage of this for way too long.

Yes, they will cause more crashes - people to not know how to react to police cars coming toward them at speed.

Do you really want the police to not be able to chase criminals? They have to be allowed to break a few laws because if they are not then they will not be able to give chase and all the criminals will have to do is drive at slightly above the speed limit. They need to be able to do their job without fear of prosecution. High speed pursuit drivers are highly trained.

As you may guess, I am not willing to give criminals a licence to simply do as they please by signing your petition.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • tho_2
    tho_2 Posts: 326 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    "Police cause" ? So it's nothing to do with the retribates they are chasing and refusing to stop?
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,779 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    You also feel it necessary to place nonsense in place of my inverted commas. .

It's secret code that allows us to identify those who have fallen into the orbit of the Big Bad Jobs
  • fridae
    I think this relates more to the fact that if they are chasing a motorcyclist/scooter rider and said rider removes their helmet they have to give up the chase because it then becomes too dangerous for the rider.

The criminals have been taking advantage of this for way too long.

Yes, they will cause more crashes - people to not know how to react to police cars coming toward them at speed.

Do you really want the police to not be able to chase criminals? They have to be allowed to break a few laws because if they are not then they will not be able to give chase and all the criminals will have to do is drive at slightly above the speed limit. They need to be able to do their job without fear of prosecution. High speed pursuit drivers are highly trained.

As you may guess, I am not willing to give criminals a licence to simply do as they please by signing your petition.

You first need to read the petition before commenting but this site won't allow it.
  • fridae
    antrobus wrote: »

They were freedom of information statistics, they tend to take a while to be released. What are today's statistics? By all accounts they are much worse and as such the police need to be reigned in. But before you speak you should read the petition as it covers all the negative remarks on this forum. Oh, sorry you can't see it can you? This site won't publish urls
  • fridae
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    It's secret code that allows us to identify those who have fallen into the orbit of the Big Bad Jobs

It doesn't allow you to do anything. What it does is give operating incentive to a damn machine, which in turn works as any automaton and takes the incentive without understanding what it is doing.

Computer, blow the world up now. Yes Sir!!!!
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It doesn't allow you to do anything. What it does is give operating incentive to a damn machine, which in turn works as any automaton and takes the incentive without understanding what it is doing.

Computer, blow the world up now. Yes Sir!!!!

For fairly obvious reasons I'm not signing your petition but genuinely interested in what your alternative suggestions are

Victim to 999 - please help I'm being robbed
    999 - don't worry Ma'am we're on our way - probably be there in about 40mins given traffic conditions, red lights etc. Oh and when we arrive we'll carry out a risk assessment before getting out of the car.

Do you advocate CCTV/personal tagging to catch criminals or just suggest that crime isn't an issue ?
  • fridae
    edited 25 July 2018 at 7:09PM
    k3lvc wrote: »
    For fairly obvious reasons I'm not signing your petition but genuinely interested in what your alternative suggestions are

Victim to 999 - please help I'm being robbed
    999 - don't worry Ma'am we're on our way - probably be there in about 40mins given traffic conditions, red lights etc. Oh and when we arrive we'll carry out a risk assessment before getting out of the car.

Do you advocate CCTV/personal tagging to catch criminals or just suggest that crime isn't an issue ?

Not for fairly obvious reasons at all; you're ignorant as to the content of my petition and I am unable to direct you to it. However, all who read this thread need to take a step back and think before commenting: do you have experience of working with young coppers? I have, 20 years.

Of course reckless and dangerous drivers who present menace to society must be stopped and strategies to do this exist, which are more successful and far less dangerous to the public and are actually less expensive to implement.

Rather than drive hard up behind a suspect causing the driver to throw caution to the wind in attempting to escape: A police officer follows at a comfortable and safe distance and relays the suspect's actions and position to the control center via his or her radio; where possible other police personnel will monitor and report the status of the suspect vehicle - for example a police officer on foot, a police vehicle driving on a parallel road or the police helicopter. This information is evaluated and used to divert and corral the suspect's vehicle into a no-escape environment, where the Stinger is employed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure